Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ordered this Peace dollar from Sabel Rarities...

anablepanablep Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great communication from Sabel Rarities, as many spoke about in my previous inquiry about ordering from them.

The coin below is now on hold for me until my check clears with Sabel, presumably this week.

I think this particular MS64 1924-S, a tough date for the series, is much nicer than the Redfield hoard example I posted about a few weeks ago as discussed here https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1105622/wondering-who-won-this-1924-s-peace/p1

Feel free to offer any comments or critiques of my latest purchase. I look forward to seeing it in hand soon.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne

Comments

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea how true-to-life that color is but I sure like what I see! And the surfaces look clean for the grade, too.

Please tell Bonnie I said hi.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• What a beautiful coin! Good strike, and basically no distracting marks. I know toning can be a matter of personal preference, but I love the look of this one! It’s hard to judge luster from photos, but it seems like this has some nice luster underneath the toning, too. I’d be proud of this, if it were in my collection.

And I agree, this is 1000x nicer than that Redfield example.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no one like Bonnie for eye appeal and quality. This Peace dollar is consistent with that. Well done!

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 23,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this one as well! Great pick up!

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it! Big congratulations. Very happy you landed a great coin.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • MartinMartin Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@anablep

I’m sure Bongo would approve. It’s way better than the other one you were looking at

Martin

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful peace dollar.

I’m sure you paid dearly for it.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• goldengolden Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like that one.

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid 64, interesting color!

Vplite99
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

The moment I saw in your thread title from whom you had purchased the coin, I knew it would be a beauty! That is an extremely good looking Peach dollar.

Mark

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Love the toning, beautiful and uncommon.

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonnie is all class. She sold me a 28 S SLQ in PC 65 FH before Pedro Alves Cabral landed in Brasil. Still have it. This is the only type II branch mint SLQ I've ever seen that has what J Cline described as an ultimate full head. The coin is struck as well as the early type II P mint SLQs.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pictures look great - hopefully the coin in hand will at least resemble them.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please follow up and let us know how it looks in hand. Bonnie sure has a lot of nicely toned coins in her inventory.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's one of the best in the business. I've gotten quite a few toned coins from her over the years and still have them all.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unusual on a Peace Dollar, not so on a Morgan.

Does that add to it's appeal? I think so.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    Unusual on a Peace Dollar, not so on a Morgan.

Does that add to it's appeal? I think so.

Thanks, I think so as well. It shipped today so I’ll have it in-hand in a day or so…

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • JJMJJM Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it !!!!!

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file