Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any of these coins worth anything?

Hey,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for asking about values but I have some coins and I was wondering if any are valuable or not.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. I like the off center. 10-15 % I’m
    Guessing. Silver is coins 1964 and earlier are about 18-20x face.

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s on the other side of this one?

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2024 2:36PM

A lot of US silver in there.

The 1923 Peace Dollar is worth about $24.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the silver has value. The others, not so much.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

The foreign coins are the kind that dealers would buy by the pound. Not much there.

The silver US coins have value due to their silver content and would be an easy sell.

Some of the foreign paper money may have some value but I am not up on that market. See if your library has a copy of the Foreign Paper Money Catalog in their reference section.

All glory is fleeting.
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭

To the forum with first post. The coins have silver and possible numismatic value. You are going to have to do some research on the coins. That is part of the fun of the hobby. Never know,may have a rare piece in the bunch :)

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Howdy and welcome.

You should buy a Red Book or go to a large bookstore and sit down and go through one. It will tell you pretty much all you will need to know about the great majority of US coins you are likely to have there.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

An app on you phone may help identify some of the foreign coins. Reverse Image search, Google lens are a couple. But otherwise, you'll have quite a task researching most of those little valued non-US coins. I don't know if you can take it all to some money International currency exchange depot and transfer it all into American money........I would call ahead first. lol

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, yes, and he** yes! Lots of silver and now to start looking up dates and mint marks on ebay for values above the silver value.
    Enjoy and welcome.
    Get a Red Book of US Coins if you don't have one, makes it easier to identify US coins.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2024 2:08AM

I'd separate by country. Post the older foreign ones on the World Coins Forum. Some of those might be silver as well.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't rule out the Lincolns. May be a semi ot key date there. Of possibly error/variety types.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Germany 1 Mark 1874
    Foreign coins prior to 1940 may have some value, and you can look them up by country on numista.com.
    This one is a 90% silver coin, and can found at:
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces7031.html
    The grade looks like about an F, though maybe cleaned. So value around $5.
    (Do not scrub or polish your coins; it will reduce the value significantly).

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am surprised no one has mentioned the off-center Virginia State Quarter. Errors are not my thing, but when I was dealer, they used to be quick sellers at $100 or so. I guess the bloom as come off the rose?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the off-center Virginia State Quarter. Errors are not my thing, but when I was dealer, they used to be quick sellers at $100 or so. I guess the bloom as come off the rose?

I think you didn't see the second post by @DNADave :

I like the off center. 10-15 % I’m Guessing.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing about $200-$250 total there but I'm not figuring the off center quarter at anywhere near $100. Are they really worth that much? OK, maybe $300 if I'm low on the quarter. Yes, most of the value is in the silver.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file