Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Digital Albums just do not work like they used to

GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you delete a digital album? I have a few I tried to start, and they got completely ruined.

I spent a very long time and literally thousands of $ sending in all of my National commemorative medals to get True View photos, and they just do not all show up. I tried everything to ask for support and it seems they lost the IT talent that used to know how to fix things.

I just want to delete them all now as they are a joke. It is demoralizing to vote for best digital albums that apparently don't include any large sets like mine which is filled with blank spaces for dozens of top pop medals I own.

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    How do you delete a digital album? I have a few I tried to start, and they got completely ruined.

I spent a very long time and literally thousands of $ sending in all of my National commemorative medals to get True View photos, and they just do not all show up. I tried everything to ask for support and it seems they lost the IT talent that used to know how to fix things.

I just want to delete them all now as they are a joke. It is demoralizing to vote for best digital albums that apparently don't include any large sets like mine which is filled with blank spaces for dozens of top pop medals I own.

As I have stated in another post, my digital albums are a total mess. When I find a way to delete them, I will.
    I have over 50 albums.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• oldsmagnetoldsmagnet Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Click the "Edit Digital Album" link (or the icon next to the set title, depending on what screen you're in) - scroll down slightly and click the gear (options) icon at the lower left of the screen. From there, you'll probably have to scroll down a bit again, but you should have a link to "Unpublish Album" -- it's not an actual deletion, but it at least keeps it out of circulation. And who knows, if the Set Registry ever actually gets their feces cohesive, restoring it should be only a single click away.

• RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2024 3:44PM

It's my first year have a set at #1 and 100% completion. I keep waiting for that 2024 tags on the sets, how long does it usually take?

Did they stop doing the pins from last year?

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• oldsmagnetoldsmagnet Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Two of my sets finally got their 2022 icons here about two months ago... It's typically a matter of several months before those icons show up. I got my 2023 pins a month or two ago, but sounds like there's a lot of other users who are still waiting. And much like my high-school car, the squeaky wheel does not seem to get the grease. I get the impression there's like one person doing ALL of it, and that person has two other actual full-time jobs. (I made that up, of course, but... it sure seems like it) - A couple years ago when they killed off the beautiful plaques and switched 'em for the cheap pins, they gave us the option to buy the plaques to have somewhat matching displays. Apparently that's a thing of the past now, too. A lot of people seem to be liking the pins though, so I guess, maybe it's just me.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never got any pins from last year, in spite of promises they were working on it.

The other thing I don't like about digital albums is that they include empty spaces for "optional" medals. They should have a toggle to either include them or not as a collector choice.

I did find that if I refresh my screen about 10 times, eventually the digital album fills up. Unfortunately, even if I save multiple times, it usually goes back to only some showing up. This seems like something that could be fixed, because it worked 2 years ago.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice also that some of my albums show the coin's picture, but they lack the coin's grade.
    Anybody else notice this?
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. But when I refresh the screen, the missing coins appear.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to refresh 12 separate times to get my digital medal set of 165 medals to fill back up. Around 15 coins at a time seems to be about all it can handle. The save setting needs to store the complete album file on the server like it used to.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain but have given up on PCGS.

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Making it really hard to be a registry advocate here, PCGS.

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that the code was written with no way to delete an album once started, I find ridiculus.
    WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.