Home Sports Talk

Will Teams Actually Line Up to Pay Dak $60 mil plus?

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prevailing narrative on ESPN seems to be that Dak should go to free agency, and that multiple teams will be chomping at the bit to make him the highest paid QB in the league. I get that we should never underestimate QB salaries, but given how Dak’s career has played out so far, do you think this ESPN narrative is accurate?

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2024 7:36AM

Dak is a 12-wins-in-the-reg-season, fold-like-a-lawn-chair-in-the-postseason kinda guy

but don't underestimate the number of desperate, QB-deficient, idiotic teams that can't see the forest for the trees

it'll happen

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure why any team would want to pay Dak as though he were the best QB in the league. He has accomplished nothing. He is on the wrong side of 30.

but, as we have seen, salaries continue to rise.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Atlanta signing a 35yr old Kirk Cousins to a 4yr/180M deal shows just how desperate NFL teams can be.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the posts in this thread are FACTS

Dak will get paid astronomically

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

It's always hilarious to see people so quick to make judgements without any data.

He is clearly a top-5 QB, which means 27 other teams would be better with him at QB. The idea that Dallas would let him go because they don't want to pay him is as ridiculous as Jerry Jones' increasing ludicrous plastic surgery.

Regardless of postseason struggles (and one could easily point to Dallas' defense being the bigger problem in their postseason collapses), 2 dozen+ teams would see an upgrade with Dak behind center.

He will get the money he wants, and he will deserve it.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭

Supposedly Dallas is prioritizing the Lamb extension, but Dak is going to get paid the big bucks either way. Every top QB basically sets a new record on every deal and Dallas would have to give up a lot to trade up for a new QB if he leaves. They may not win the SB, but they wont have a top pick either

Not to mention without a new contract Dak will count something like 40 million against their cap next year anyways.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:
    It's always hilarious to see people so quick to make judgements without any data.

He is clearly a top-5 QB, which means 27 other teams would be better with him at QB. The idea that Dallas would let him go because they don't want to pay him is as ridiculous as Jerry Jones' increasing ludicrous plastic surgery.

Regardless of postseason struggles (and one could easily point to Dallas' defense being the bigger problem in their postseason collapses), 2 dozen+ teams would see an upgrade with Dak behind center.

He will get the money he wants, and he will deserve it.

In 2023, he had 36 touchdown passes. Sounds amazing until you find out he had 22 of them in just 6 games and most of those against bad teams. So 14 touchdowns in 11 other games - which isn't good at all.

In 2021, he had 37 touchdowns. But 28 of those came in 8 games, leaving 9 in his other 8.

In between (2022), he led the NFL in interceptions.

In the playoffs he's 2-5 with exactly one game with 2+ touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Dak is very good, not great, and is wildly inconsistent. I think he's more like 6-10 not top 5.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

NFL Teams' Updated Salary Cap for 2024 Ahead of Training Camp:

New England Patriots, $43.8 million
    Washington Commanders, $37 million
    Arizona Cardinals, $35.4 million
    Detroit Lions, $34.6 million
    Las Vegas Raiders, $34.1 million
    San Francisco 49ers, $31.5 million
    Jacksonville Jaguars, $28.6 million
    Green Bay Packers, $28.4 million
    Minnesota Vikings, $26.3 million
    Indianapolis Colts, $25.9 million
    Philadelphia Eagles, $25.8 million
    Tennessee Titans, $24.2 million
    Chicago Bears, $21.5 million
    Cincinnati Bengals, $21.2 million
    Los Angeles Chargers, $20.7 million
    Houston Texans, $20.2 million
    Miami Dolphins, $16 million
    Pittsburgh Steelers, $15.9 million
    Kansas City Chiefs, $15.4 million
    Cleveland Browns, $13.7 million
    Dallas Cowboys, $12.1 million
    New Orleans Saints, $12 million
    New York Giants, $11.5 million
    Buffalo Bills, $10.1 million
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $8.6 million
    Seattle Seahawks, $8.5 million
    Los Angeles Rams, $8.4 million
    Denver Broncos, $7.7 million
    New York Jets, $6.3 million
    Carolina Panthers, $6 million
    Baltimore Ravens, $5.9 million
    Atlanta Falcons, $3.5 million

With only 12.1 million in salary cap space, the Cowboys would certainly be going all-in if they sign Dak.

To use a poker analogy, in my opinion, the Cowboys signing Dak would be like going all-in preflop with KQ off suit. Not bad cards, but a bit precarious for an all-in preflop.

@stevek said:
    NFL Teams' Updated Salary Cap for 2024 Ahead of Training Camp:

New England Patriots, $43.8 million
    Washington Commanders, $37 million
    Arizona Cardinals, $35.4 million
    Detroit Lions, $34.6 million
    Las Vegas Raiders, $34.1 million
    San Francisco 49ers, $31.5 million
    Jacksonville Jaguars, $28.6 million
    Green Bay Packers, $28.4 million
    Minnesota Vikings, $26.3 million
    Indianapolis Colts, $25.9 million
    Philadelphia Eagles, $25.8 million
    Tennessee Titans, $24.2 million
    Chicago Bears, $21.5 million
    Cincinnati Bengals, $21.2 million
    Los Angeles Chargers, $20.7 million
    Houston Texans, $20.2 million
    Miami Dolphins, $16 million
    Pittsburgh Steelers, $15.9 million
    Kansas City Chiefs, $15.4 million
    Cleveland Browns, $13.7 million
    Dallas Cowboys, $12.1 million
    New Orleans Saints, $12 million
    New York Giants, $11.5 million
    Buffalo Bills, $10.1 million
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $8.6 million
    Seattle Seahawks, $8.5 million
    Los Angeles Rams, $8.4 million
    Denver Broncos, $7.7 million
    New York Jets, $6.3 million
    Carolina Panthers, $6 million
    Baltimore Ravens, $5.9 million
    Atlanta Falcons, $3.5 million

With only 12.1 million in salary cap space, the Cowboys would certainly be going all-in if they sign Dak.

To use a poker analogy, in my opinion, the Cowboys signing Dak would be like going all-in preflop with KQ off suit. Not bad cards, but a bit precarious for an all-in preflop.

I love the Pats being on top of that list!!

edited July 24, 2024 7:39AM

@Mistlin said:

lol. it's called watching him play for almost 10 years bro

He is clearly a top-5 QB

now that's hilarious

which means 27 other teams would be better with him at QB.

well no sh*t. peruse the names of starting QBs in the NFL sometime. and?

Regardless of postseason struggles

but you see, when -- according to you -- you're a top 5 QB "deserving" of 60 mil, there is no regardless. when it matters most, there's an APB out for his game. best regular season of his career last year, then a two-touchdown underdog waltzes into Jerry World and beats the living hell out of his team in the first round of the playoffs. the first TD Dak threw in that game was a beautiful dime to Darnell Savage, who plays for the Packers. at that point it was 27-0, the Cowboys season was over, and no DC fan at that game had even had an opportunity to go relieve themselves yet.

now that's even more hilarious

2 dozen+ teams would see an upgrade with Dak behind center.

if you want to pay an exorbitant amount of money to someone who will give you a playoff victory every few years or so and nothing more, then do what makes your interesting mind happy. but please come find me when Dak Prescott is on the podium after the last game of the NFL season with confetti raining down on his head. you know, the thing that matters most.

i'll be waiting.

@galaxy27 said:

@Mistlin said:

He is clearly a top-5 QB

now that's hilarious

but you see, when -- according to you -- you're a top 5 QB "deserving" of 60 mil, there is no regardless. when it matters most, there's an APB out for his game. best regular season of his career last year, then a two-touchdown underdog waltzes into Jerry World and beats the living hell out of his team in the first round of the playoffs. the first TD Dak threw in that game was a beautiful dime to Darnell Savage, who plays for the Packers. at that point it was 27-0, the Cowboys season was over, and no DC fan at that game had even had an opportunity to go relieve themselves yet.

if you want to pay an exorbitant amount of money to someone who will give you a playoff victory every few years or so and nothing more, then do what makes your interesting mind happy. but please come find me when Dak Prescott is on the podium after the last game of the NFL season with confetti raining down on his head. you know, the thing that matters most.

i'll be waiting.

EPIC

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if Sigmund Freud was still alive he could help out Dak. 😆

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭

He's channeling his inner Elway. Whoever has him for his last 2 seasons is going to end up happy.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Mistlin said:

He is clearly a top-5 QB

now that's hilarious

i'll be waiting.

If anyone's criteria of a 'successful' NFL QB is winning a super bowl, and why you feel compelled to denigrated Dak, the following QBs must all be losers, too:

Dan Marino
    Fran Tarkenton
    Jim Kelly
    Dan Fouts

My point stands, though: Dak would be a massive upgrade for an overwhelming majority of NFL teams, regardless of your personal bias and ignorance.

Tua just got 4 years 212.4 million with 167.1 million guaranteed and hes a strong gust of wind away from a broken bone or concussion at any given time.

Dak will get his money

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Jordan Love just got 4 years 220 million with a record setting 75 million signing bonus despite only starting one year

Missouri 14 OSU 3

QB salaries are getting so out of control a crappy QB led team with great surrounding talent will start being contendors

Aaron Rodgers is a great example of the risk

@perkdog said:
    QB salaries are getting so out of control a crappy QB led team with great surrounding talent will start being contendors

Please show one example of this.

Told you!

The Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott have agreed on a four-year, $240 million contract extension that will make the star quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history and keep him in a Cowboys uniform for seasons to come, sources told ESPN.

edited September 8, 2024 9:06AM

@Mistlin said:

Told you!

The Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott have agreed on a four-year, $240 million contract extension that will make the star quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history and keep him in a Cowboys uniform for seasons to come, sources told ESPN.

and then when 4 years are up and there are no rings, i'll be sure to come back and tell you

let's see if your boy mr. 1/4 bil is capable of strapping a pedestrian team on his back and taking them to the next level, which is exactly what the Cowboys are gonna be this season

even though i don't like you i'm gonna give you some life-saving advice: don't hold your breath

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a lifelong Cowboy diehard this means 4 more years of disappointment. I was hoping Jerry would find a sucker to trade Dak to and stock up draft picks. If Dak was that guy, it would have happened by now. Dak is great between the 20's and puts up numbers but that doesn't win you any rings. Insult to injury is 231 of that 240 is guaranteed. @stevek must be thrilled with this turn of events.

Other than the two 49ers games the losses really werent his fault. Hard to win in the playoffs when the defense is giving up 30+ points which theyve done in 3 of his 7 playoff games.

Will he win a ring, probably not. Dallas is great at getting a couple of superstars, just not so great at having a complete team

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@LandrysFedora said:
    As a lifelong Cowboy diehard this means 4 more years of disappointment. I was hoping Jerry would find a sucker to trade Dak to and stock up draft picks. If Dak was that guy, it would have happened by now. Dak is great between the 20's and puts up numbers but that doesn't win you any rings. Insult to injury is 231 of that 240 is guaranteed. @stevek must be thrilled with this turn of events.

So instead of being competitive and playoffs every year, you'd rather waste the talent of the team assembled in hopes of finding a QB?

The delusional thinking that people exhibit when proven wrong is absolutely hilarious.

@Mistlin said:

@LandrysFedora said:

So instead of being competitive and playoffs every year, you'd rather waste the talent of the team assembled in hopes of finding a QB?

The delusional thinking that people exhibit when proven wrong is absolutely hilarious.

A winning QB is the centerpiece of every championship team. Are you incapable of having an adult debate without resorting to describing someone's opinion you do not agree with as "delusional" How old are you troll? 10? Get a life.

@LandrysFedora said:

@Mistlin said:

@LandrysFedora said:

A winning QB is the centerpiece of every championship team. Are you incapable of having an adult debate without resorting to describing someone's opinion you do not agree with as "delusional" How old are you troll? 10? Get a life.

It is delusional to think you're better off rolling the dice on a rookie QB (whom you'd have to draft with the "haul" of draft picks you were hoping to acquire).

In the meantime, you'd be wasting prime years of your current crop of players. This fantasy land that fans exist in where they think they know better than professionals who are paid to assess talent is not only delusional, it's ridiculous.

If that hurts your feelings, perhaps you should take a step back and realize you're not as informed as those whose JOB it is to assess talent.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with the Cowboys situation was if you dump Dak, who you gonna get? He’s just good enough not to trade and just bad enough not to win you a Super Bowl

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

I said "Will Start Being Contenders"

Please read thoroughly before you open your mouth

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@Mistlin said:

@LandrysFedora said:

It is delusional to think you're better off rolling the dice on a rookie QB (whom you'd have to draft with the "haul" of draft picks you were hoping to acquire).

In the meantime, you'd be wasting prime years of your current crop of players. This fantasy land that fans exist in where they think they know better than professionals who are paid to assess talent is not only delusional, it's ridiculous.

If that hurts your feelings, perhaps you should take a step back and realize you're not as informed as those whose JOB it is to assess talent.

Half the people in those jobs are throwing opposite hand darts. Don't be so quick to elevate them. Their minds' and skill set are not as rare as you think and there are plenty of minds out there in other jobs/fields who could do just as good or better...so don't be so quick to dismiss someone making a point on the basis of not being an 'expert'.

A lot of people have the ability to think for themselves and don't need to hide behind falsely elevated experts when making their points.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

Your entire post was ill-formed nonsense.

No team with a bad QB will ever be a contender.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

Your entire post was ill-formed nonsense.

so why did they pay him all that money then?

edited September 9, 2024 8:02AM

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

ty

Your entire post was ill-frrormed nonsense.

Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson , Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien are laughing in your face.

Those are facts not ill informed nonsense, so again next time you decide to open your mouth stop and think so as to not make a fool of yourself

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    The problem with the Cowboys situation was if you dump Dak, who you gonna get? He’s just good enough not to trade and just bad enough not to win you a Super Bowl

Sounds like what the Vikings just got done with.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

ty

Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson , Jeff Hostetler and Mark Rypien are laughing in your face.

Those are facts not ill informed nonsense, so again next time you decide to open your mouth stop and think so as to not make a fool of yourself

Don't feed the trolls.

This mistlin guy is obviously here for one purpose, to be a pain in the a$$.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

ty

You're hilarious and proving my point. Thank you!

The last of those was over 20 years ago and will not happen again.

edited September 9, 2024 10:43AM

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

ty

You're hilarious and proving my point. Thank you!

The last of those was over 20 years ago and will not happen again.

Since I'm bored at work and getting paid to respond I will entertain your nonsense.

I said "It's getting to the point where a crappy led team will be contendors" You said to show some examples so I did even though I said "Will Start"

And a contendors doesn't mean winning a Super Bowl either, it means making a playoff spot like Baker Mayfield accomplished last year.

My point being is when a guy like Patrick Mahomes contract starts getting expensive in a few years other teams might not want to do that and instead pay money for position players on both sides of the ball and get a blue collar QB

Patrick Mahomes on the Carolina Panthers last year wouldn't have been all that much better than the Tampa Bay Bucs with Baker Mayfield.

So again, enough of your nonsense and making a fool of yourself.

Unless you want to continue, I'm ok with it since I'm earning money while typing

• No team with a bad QB will ever be a contender.

Pretty foolish to try to predict the future. Exclusively ignorant to do so when there's so much empirical data there to dispute your prediction. I'll add Jim McMahon, Phil Simms to the list, but there are lots of examples to choose from.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:

• No team with a bad QB will ever be a contender.

Pretty foolish to try to predict the future. Exclusively ignorant to do so when there's so much empirical data there to dispute your prediction. I'll add Jim McMahon, Phil Simms to the list, but there are lots of examples to choose from.

peyton manning with the broncos

• estangestang Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Based upon what I saw of Sam Darnold, he's going to get paid next year when McCarthy takes over. Still early but he did look really good & poised... Could have been the Cowboys starter in 2025.

Dak doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Once that dunce of a GM in New York signed Daniel Jones for $40M/yr, the bar was moved. Then the Falcons overpaid for Kirk & I cannot tell you how glad he's gone. Watching Kirko's highlights was deja vu' -- I've seen that look from him coming off the field unsnapping his chin strap more than I care to admit.

None of the rookies looked good yesterday, especially Caleb Williams - hope he's a total bust.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik

@perkdog said:

Since I'm bored at work and getting paid to respond I will entertain your nonsense.

I said "It's getting to the point where a crappy led team will be contendors" You said to show some examples so I did even though I said "Will Start"

And a contendors doesn't mean winning a Super Bowl either, it means making a playoff spot like Baker Mayfield accomplished last year.

My point being is when a guy like Patrick Mahomes contract starts getting expensive in a few years other teams might not want to do that and instead pay money for position players on both sides of the ball and get a blue collar QB

Patrick Mahomes on the Carolina Panthers last year wouldn't have been all that much better than the Tampa Bay Bucs with Baker Mayfield.

Unless you want to continue, I'm ok with it since I'm earning money while typing

First, what's a 'contendor'? Did you mean 'contender'?

Second, what does Baker Mayfield have to do with any of this? The NFC south is BAD. It's been BAD. This year will be more of the same with a projected win total of just 31.

Third, can you please point to a single example of a team choosing to go the route of letting a top 10 QB walk to sign talent? I am going to go out on a very short limb and state you cannot, otherwise you would have.

Finally, the Panthers are bad not because they don't spend money, but because they have made terrible talent decisions.

Again, please point to the recent (last 10 years) NFL team that let an elite QB go (either via FA or trade) and was a 'contendor' with a mediocre QB.

The rule changes to promote offense have made having a top 10 QB mandatory.

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

Second, what does Baker Mayfield have to do with any of this? The NFC south is BAD. It's been BAD. This year will be more of the same with a projected win total of just 31.

Third, can you please point to a single example of a team choosing to go the route of letting a top 10 QB walk to sign talent? I am going to go out on a very short limb and state you cannot, otherwise you would have.

Finally, the Panthers are bad not because they don't spend money, but because they have made terrible talent decisions.

Again, please point to the recent (last 10 years) NFL team that let an elite QB go (either via FA or trade) and was a 'contendor' with a mediocre QB.

I'm out of work and refuse to engage you unless I'm on the clock.

Talk tomorrow have a nice evening

@Mistlin said:

@perkdog said:

Packers. I don’t know if Rodgers is universally considered to be an elite QB, but he was at the time he was promoted to new opportunities. I don’t know if Love was considered a mediocre QB at the time or just inexperienced, but it seems to fit the rubric here of dismissing a known quantity considered elite in the league for an unknown quantity.

Weird set of criteria. We should add eye color, team mascot characteristics, and birth month to make this more difficult.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistlin said:

Didn't Tampa Bay win the Super Bowl a few years ago with a QB old enough to be a grandpa and so slow even Tim Conway would beat him in a hundred-yard dash?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Not only have teams been contenders but they have won Super Bowls several times in the last two decades. 2007 Giants Eli was terrible and lead the league in INTs. Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles are all SB winning QBs. While you would prefer a Mahomes, it is possible to do it with a backup level QB since after all it is a team game

Missouri 14 OSU 3

The fact that people have to continually reach back 15+ years for examples is telling. Also, the fact that no one can come up with a single, recent example of an elite quarterback being traded or allowed to walk is just as telling.

For all the bluster about it being a 'team sport' the fact remains: there is not a single more important position in all of sports than the quarterback.

What's next? You're going to regale me with how in the 1970s Terry Bradshaw won four super bowls?

@Basebal21 said:
    Not only have teams been contenders but they have won Super Bowls several times in the last two decades. 2007 Giants Eli was terrible and lead the league in INTs. Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles are all SB winning QBs. While you would prefer a Mahomes, it is possible to do it with a backup level QB since after all it is a team game

Like you said @Basebal21, it is definitely possible to win with non "elite" qb's and has happened no doubt, but those are the exception, not the rule of building a championship franchise. My point posted earlier is that in my opinion Dak is not "elite" and will likely never win a championship. I believe the Cowboys should have moved on from him. In his first 5 years he had one of the best o lines in the game, a young stud RB in Zeke and it has been failure after failure getting to the next level. Is it all his fault? Of course not, but after 8 full years it should have been time to move on from him.

@Mistlin said:
    The fact that people have to continually reach back 15+ years for examples is telling. Also, the fact that no one can come up with a single, recent example of an elite quarterback being traded or allowed to walk is just as telling.

>

Aaron Rodgers was traded in 2022 1 year after winning back to back MVPs.

I double checked with my calculator but last time I checked Foles and the Eagles winning the Super Bowl in 2017 isnt 15+ years ago, and 2012 Flacco isnt 15+ years

For all the bluster about it being a 'team sport' the fact remains: there is not a single more important position in all of sports than the quarterback.

Thats not true either. Goalies in the NHL, Pitchers in baseball. But if all of sports I would say the golfer or tennis player where its only them is a more important position than anyone playing a team game

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@LandrysFedora said:

@Basebal21 said:

Like you said @Basebal21, it is definitely possible to win with non "elite" qb's and has happened no doubt, but those are the exception, not the rule of building a championship franchise. My point posted earlier is that in my opinion Dak is not "elite" and will likely never win a championship. I believe the Cowboys should have moved on from him. In his first 5 years he had one of the best o lines in the game, a young stud RB in Zeke and it has been failure after failure getting to the next level. Is it all his fault? Of course not, but after 8 full years it should have been time to move on from him.

Its certainly the exception. I wouldnt say Dak is an elite top 5 guy either, but hes top 10 or at worse top 12. I honestly dont think hes the problem. Dallas is always really good at getting a couple stars (no pun intended) like Lamb and Micah and Dak but dont do a good job of filling in good roleplayers. A lot of the time their defense is the problem.

I get not being thrilled about the new contract but what really was the option? QBs are just going to set a new record every time with an extension. Trading up for Daniels would have cost a ton (Daniels and Lamb would have been electric though) and look how the Panthers destroyed their organization with what they gave up to trade up. Or they sign Cousins for similar money whose not an upgrade and many would say would be a downgrade

Missouri 14 OSU 3