Home U.S. Coin Forum

ifthevamzarockin???

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still have heard nothing regarding his whereabouts. July 4th was his birthday and I am so worried as no replies from my messages. Surely someone has dealt with him and knows a contact method or his actual name and perhaps his home town. He was a great poster and always friendly and helpful. Hopefully all is well, but I fear not.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that doesn't sound good. I was just thinking about him a couple weeks ago. If anyone has his personal contact info, please try to reach him.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last active on February 29th.

peacockcoins

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking the same as I just updated my 1878 8TF VAM22B post. Just the sort of thing he would normally bite into.

I truly hope nothing is amiss.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man ... I hope he's okay. Feb 29th was a while ago.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked all my pm conversations with him, and did not see any identifying info or phone numbers.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump to top. Anyone?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • JWPJWP Posts: 21,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a great member and also helpful. Hopefully he is just tsking a break and will be back when it is good for him. 🙂

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2024 11:57AM

I PM'ed with him often. He is a great guy. I do sure hope he is doing okay.
    @ifthevamzarockin if you see this message let us know your good.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA
    Dantheman984 Toyz4geo

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

When he comes back will know about it soon enough

Thanks for your comment, CHD, did not know that. Hopefully he will post that he just got the last VAM. Lol
    Jkm

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing that the average age of the forum members is not low i always worry when a member disappears for any length of time.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Never been in jail but have had 2 warnings. Never was sure what for, but it's their show. I just post less a d totally don't post at all to certain discussions. Hopefully he'll return when he wants, but a little message wouldn't hurt.
    Jim

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent him a message on his favorite subject (bad 1909-S VDB) with no response...

• MartinMartin Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    This could be our answer. I last PM'ed with him back on Feb 9th. I know he wouldn't mind if I posted this Private Message. We're brother from different mothers. 😉

I think that’s why this is becoming sleepy hallow.

Martin

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@Martin said:

@OAKSTAR said:
    This could be our answer. I last PM'ed with him back on Feb 9th. I know he wouldn't mind if I posted this Private Message. We're brother from different mothers. 😉

Martin

I have the opposite opinion.
    If a site becomes too lax and the moderation is infrequent, quality posts are soon burried with nonsense and troll baiting threads. This in turn drives away quality members to a degree.
    Having consistent moderation does not deminish high caliber threads.

I hope this gentleman is safe and sound. Odds are he’s just fine enjoying an adult beverage and/or just enjoying life!

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

It was probably mikee.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

vendettas on here rarely blow over

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • lermishlermish Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

I've got a few but am doing my best. One of them has been on the first page for a couple days and I haven't said a thing. I suppose I've got to mature but even in my 40s I'm certainly in the youngest quartile of this group :D<3

But I agree, I'm not the only grudge holder around.

@lermish said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I've got a few but am doing my best. One of them has been on the first page for a couple days and I haven't said a thing. I suppose I've got to mature but even in my 40s I'm certainly in the youngest quartile of this group :D<3

You guys have internet vendettas?
    Grudges with members here?

I suppose I am fortunate to be smart enough to know there are collectors/dealers here who don't like me- yet also dumb enough to not care, and I find myself having no issues with anyone (currently).

peacockcoins

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@lermish said:

@MsMorrisine said:

You guys have internet vendettas?
    Grudges with members here?

I suppose I am fortunate to be smart enough to know there are collectors/dealers here who don't like me- yet also dumb enough to not care, and I find myself having no issues with anyone (currently).

Vendetta is a bit strong of a word, grudge is probably right. But sometimes it's tough for us hotheads to not flash when someone rubs us the wrong way... usually to our own detriment.

Also:

• MartinMartin Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@Martin said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Martin

If a site becomes too lax and the moderation is infrequent, quality posts are soon burried with nonsense and troll baiting threads. This in turn drives away quality members to a degree.

I tend to agree with you for the most part

The place used to be fast paced. And much more active. The loss of the OF was the start of the decline in Participation. That room gave collectors (posters) a place to sound off and be human. (Some of them anyway)
    Air some steam and let others know the person for what they are.

I can understand why it was shut down
    However it did create a blow off board that if you don’t like it you didn’t have to look

There are some really great posters here you included. But how many members are not here any longer that were also great contributors. Heck even the board king was banned at one time. I’m not saying all of them are no longer posting because they feel like they can’t speak their mind but my guess several have left or just drifted away. Because they can’t feel
    Free to be themselves.

The balancing act for a mod is tough
    Just my observation

Hope ifthisvamarockin makes it back I miss his insight and posts
    Martin

edited July 7, 2024 10:12PM

@Martin said:

@braddick said:

@Martin said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Martin

I tend to agree with you for the most part

The place used to be fast paced. And much more active. The loss of the OF was the start of the decline in Participation. That room gave collectors (posters) a place to sound off and be human. (Some of them anyway)
    Air some steam and let others know the person for what they are.

I can understand why it was shut down
    However it did create a blow off board that if you don’t like it you didn’t have to look

There are some really great posters here you included. But how many members are not here any longer that were also great contributors. Heck even the board king was banned at one time. I’m not saying all of them are no longer posting because they feel like they can’t speak their mind but my guess several have left or just drifted away. Because they can’t feel
    Free to be themselves.

The balancing act for a mod is tough
    Just my observation

Hope ifthisvamarockin makes it back I miss his insight and posts
    Martin

Excellent points.

peacockcoins

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you’re doing well! Sorry about the rough start to the year for your friends and family. Hopefully you’ll spend some of your internet time back here with us.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're doing well. B)

Great news. Thank you.
    Jim

• CregCreg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

Glad to hear from you. When I became ill, no one heard from me for fifteen months—didn’t want to talk about it.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I'm alive and all is fine. :)

Thank you for letting us know that you are OK! :)

edited July 8, 2024 7:37AM

Thank you for letting us know, Im really sorry to hear about all the family health troubles. This place isn't the same without ya!

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear that you are doing well and you personally did not end up hospitalized or even worse.

On the other hand, I'm sorry for the loss of a family member or friend.

My condolences. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭

Glad you are doing well.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news you are alright buddy😊

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an honor to be missed.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you are doing well.

Vplite99
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

So happy to see you make an appearance! Be well

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• MS66MS66 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

What a relief. And about warnings, my philosophy is that if you don't get one every once in a while, you're not sailing close enough to the wind. B)

• WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always good to hear a missing member is alive and kicking taking a break instead of the all too frequent alternative.

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file