Home U.S. Coin Forum

What can $2 buy these days?

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, in my case...a little bit of happiness :blush:

Feel free to post something that made you smile for $2 or less.

2 bucks on the nose, a 1999 Clipped Nickel...worth every penny!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. Nice pickup.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing, every time I get $2
    I throw it away

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

It surly is not postage. Lol
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭

Nice find OAKSTAR.

I recall now that I once got a small broadstruck state quarter in change, no reeding at all, it was circulated and also badly scratched. Still made me smile though.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goodmoney4badmoney said:
    Back in 2008/2009 I bought 10 of these in gem unc. for about $1.50 each delivered because I thought they were neat for such a low price. They were cheap on eBay at the time. The prices have since run up to $100+ in Unc grades. I sold them all after the run up so that makes me smile a bit!

Edit to add: I like your nickel for $2!

I did the same thing.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy a two dollar bill.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t even buy a cup of coffee nowadays.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's why dollar general doesn't sell gas ☹️

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2024 7:33PM

I got a worn $2 bill in change. That's the best I've done lately. :D

Well that's not entirely true. :o
    Some good karma came my way on a $500 Jeep CJ-7.
    After taking with the previous owner for awhile, the price was significantly reduced.
    Without giving too much away, it was less than $2.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    This one made me smile. Face value from a bank roll.

Is that a legit clip?

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 1:28PM

From a coin club table sale These are all very carefully picked coins I’d say ez MS65 on all.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in 2008/2009 I bought 10 of these in gem unc. for about $1.50 each delivered because I thought they were neat for such a low price. They were cheap on eBay at the time. The prices have since run up to $100+ in Unc grades. I sold them all after the run up so that makes me smile a bit!

I bought three of those back then. (Still have them).

Should have bought a bundle of 100.

Atleast I never got around to sticking one in my wallet as a conversation piece. :#

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

I bought three of those back then. (Still have them).

Should have bought a bundle of 100.

Atleast I never got around to sticking one in my wallet as a conversation piece. :#

A nice profit could be made on 1946 Hungary Szazmillio B-Pengo (100 Quintillion) notes as well, they are trading today at 10X the money they were at just 6-7 years ago. I bought some of those cheap years ago and cashed in just like the Zimbabwe notes, but my buy prices weren't as low as $2.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 junk box $1 world coins.

Coins & Currency
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

You turned bad money into good money-sort of a philosopher's stone.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

The occasional wheat cent or pre-60 nickel from the registers. Been a while since my last silver find.

Although, a couple weeks ago someone brought in 30+ dollar bills with...oops wrong forum.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • CregCreg Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2024 11:42AM

Generic blue diamonds - .4 @ .45 ea. and a dime back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file