Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Praise for DeplorableDan

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan,

I’ve found you to be nothing but gracious, informative, amenable, and friendly. In short, the complete opposite of me. 😉
    You’re a true gentlemen and I continue to wish you nothing but the best in your new venture! I can’t even begin to imagine the impact you’ll make to our little niche over the course of your life.
    Sincerely, your fellow deplorable Floridian.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@Onastone said:

@MWallace said:
    A couple of people mention his young age so I have to ask, how old is he?

@DeplorableDan Now I'm curious too. And please explain the avatar?? Is it you? Is that a cup of milk??

See here about the "milk": https://www.thekitchn.com/the-celluloid-p-16-8755

Thanks @MFeld !!!! Now it all makes sense, and I should have recognized that "Dude" from Big Lebowski...it was all too familiar...

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@MWallace said:
    A couple of people mention his young age so I have to ask, how old is he?

I was 25 when I first joined the forum, I'm 29 now.

Still a baby. :D

• Options
    ColoradoCoinGuyColoradoCoinGuy Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

Met him in person at Summer Seminar this year. Super nice guy.

Member of LSCC, EAC, Fly-In Club, BCCS
    Life member of ANA
  • Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone
    @CRHer700

DD’s avatar is Jeff Bridges from “The Big Lebowski”. His drink of choice was a White Russian.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    rnkmyer1rnkmyer1 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never met Dan, but definitely enjoy reading his posts. He proves you’re never too old to learn, nor too young to teach. Absolutely agree with a previous post (winesteven?) about how well written his posts are.
    We’ve only had one direct interaction here & DD showed both interest & his curiosity. I posted about a FE (my area of specialty). He contacted me admitting he knew little about the series but would be interested in researching so he would better understand the premise I made. After looking into it, he got back & thanked me for the info.
    Bottom line: they don’t come better than Deplorable Dan - nothing “deplorable” about him!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• Options
    CregCreg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

They call me the breeze....deplorable breeze!!!!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been away for the last few days and this was the first I have seen this thread, but @DeplorableDan is indeed the man! DD is a great asset to the boards and now, when I go back and read his first thread and my comment to it I have to wonder how he refrained from calling me a Richard Cranium by my response.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    I've been away for the last few days and this was the first I have seen this thread, but @DeplorableDan is indeed the man! DD is a great asset to the boards and now, when I go back and read his first thread and my comment to it I have to wonder how he refrained from calling me a Richard Cranium by my response.

It's all good, Tom! Believe it or not, I could tell that you meant well with that comment at the time. In my reply to you 4 years ago, I said it was "probably sound advice", and it absolutely is sound advice for most folks.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this one the other day and when I flipped it over and saw the price, I thought to myself “I’ll save this one for Dan” 😱

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file