Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show some cards you bought just because they are cool, fun or visually appealing -no regard to value

Here are 4 of mine: Ozark Ike because of the six baseballs, DeBusschere because it's cool to see the NBA hall of famer on a baseball card, Corrales because it's one of the more legendary Topps action photos out there and the OPC Aaron Special because the Topps version crams 4 cards onto one (also for the way it shows the similarities between Hank's 1968 and '69 Topps cards):

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those power up cards are cool. Reminds me of the 'big head' bobble heads that were out several years back.

Daniel
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff there, Mike. I had never heard of those Dinosaurs Attack cards and those 71T vending cards look great.

Daniel
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee lol! Exactly what I was thinking at the time of purchase! Heck 3 of them are worth $1.45 ea. so they already paid for themselves! 🤣

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭

Great idea for a thread!!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭

Mark Lee about to have a bad day. :(

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

@jackstraw said:
    This card has so much! The centering, colors, French writing and the traded line!

Great card and I have a copy in my 1981 OPC set. It looks like a "3D" card. My favorite part about this card is that the ball looks like it is going to come out of the card.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great group posted here. Am enjoying the presentation.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatriotTrading said:
    1999 Upper Deck Launchers. They have a superfractor look to them, released way before the Topps version existed. These are only about $3 each.

Forgot about these. Got a few of them packed away somewhere.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jalovrajalovra Posts: 76 ✭✭

One of my favorite sets. Always liked these cartoon-like cards. Reminds me of a time when cards were for education and entertainment instead of for investment and speculation.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭

@tunahead08 said:
    1908 Felix Potin Series 2 Harry Elkes

I picked up this one because it's my last name.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭

Two random ones I just love.

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 5:19PM

some original pencil drawing cards by Mike Noren

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Haven’t bought one yet but I’m tempted to buy a 1957 Art Donovan because the “action” photo on the right cracks me up. I saw this one on eBay earlier today.

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Nice! Do you have any cards of Travis Morin in hockey then? I collect him as I collect any player that was on the Minnesota State University Mavericks hockey team. He also played for the AHL Texas Stars near Austin (where I'm at), and is now a assistant coach.

@Copyboy1 said:

@tunahead08 said:
    1908 Felix Potin Series 2 Harry Elkes

I picked up this one because it's my last name.