Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sharing info from PCGS customer service call

2»

Comments

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ProofCollection said:

@DCW said:
    I simply will not send PCGS anything until they fix the turnaround times and TrueView issues.
    Full stop.

Here are the current TATs. What do you think they should be?

Those TATs are great...except it is difficult to trouble shoot anything or get resolution when there are delays. Also, PCGS has started (maybe inadvertently, maybe not) playing games with delays between receiving shipments and logging them into the system to start the clock.

My subs since CSNS:

World Express - Completed, 17 Business Days
    US Variety Reholder - Completed, 34 Business Days

World Economy - Incomplete, currently at 43 business days
    US Variety Reholder - Incomplete, currently at 7 business days

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@ProofCollection said:

@DCW said:
    I simply will not send PCGS anything until they fix the turnaround times and TrueView issues.
    Full stop.

Those TATs are great...except it is difficult to trouble shoot anything or get resolution when there are delays. Also, PCGS has started (maybe inadvertently, maybe not) playing games with delays between receiving shipments and logging them into the system to start the clock.

My subs since CSNS:

World Express - Completed, 17 Business Days
    US Variety Reholder - Completed, 34 Business Days

World Economy - Incomplete, currently at 43 business days
    US Variety Reholder - Incomplete, currently at 7 business days

All year my subs have pretty much been logged within 1 or 2 days of receiving except my last one which took 4 days. I imagine this can be impacted with things like shows or new mint releases and vary, but I hope they get that back to 1-2 days. And I suppose from time to time you have someone on the receiving team quit combined with another being out sick and things get backed up.

As I've said before my TATs all year have been good although as you alluded to, occasionally there is a "black hole" that a sub will fall into and it's impossible to find out what's really happening or to resolve it.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have US medals or special issues, even ones already in the Coin Facts system, according to the answers I receive, there "is no estimated turnaround time". It can be anywhere from 20 to 100 business days based on my past and present submissions.

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2024 7:16PM

@ProofCollection said:

Honestly, I think they should be half that. I love our host, I truly do. I believe they’re top tier all the way and I think they have the best holder and best reputation. That said, they’ve been in business for going on 40 years. And while there are ebbs and flows in submission volumes I cannot understand why they don’t have the capacity or number of graders, or whatever the issue is, to turn around coins faster. It’s 2024. Nobody expects to wait 2-3 months for anything anymore.

Call me unrealistic. Call me entitled. Tell me good things come to those who wait. Whatever, fine. It should not take an entire season to get a coin back.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few years back the turnaround times were actually about half.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW my order logged in on 5/16 went into grading today, 7/11.

Collector, occasional seller

@ChrisH821 said:

It would be worth more if you told us the service level. That's about right for Regular or Economy. Awful for Express.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ProofCollection said:

@ChrisH821 said:

It would be worth more if you told us the service level. That's about right for Regular or Economy. Awful for Express.

Regular, I was following up on my previous post to this thread.

Collector, occasional seller

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2024 1:44PM

My latest submission of 9 medals was logged in 5/6/2024 and is still grading. That is 66 calendar days, or 45 business days excluding Sat, Sun, and 3 holidays. This is quite normal for US Mint medals, and I don't really worry about it. They will show up eventually.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order # Submission # Date Received Date Shipped Status Items Service
    23978xx 307345 4/8/2024 N/A Grading 2 World Economy

Over three months for my World economy order now. I can't even remember what the coins look like. Never again.

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭

My regular submission from the OP: Received 4/30, shipped on 7/11.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.

About 40 days. Right on time for regular:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file