GTG - 1898-S 10c - REVEALED MS67 CAC.

2»

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

66+

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one grades MS67 CAC, and is pop 2/0. The color is absolutely PHENOMENAL on this example, and it truly is a prime example of what originality looks like on superb gem examples. If this coin were to be dipped, it would probably be worth a fraction of what it's worth currently.

@Eldorado9 is the current owner of this example, and I'm sure he'd be happy to share a little more about it.

Coin Photographer.

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

I figured I was too harsh on that one, I wanted to change my guess to 66+ but I just let it go. In hand, I bet the luster and color pop even more and I have completely see why it went 7.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1898-S remains the first MS67 of the issue certified by PCGS, and the only MS67 currently included in the CAC roster.

Provenance
    “The John C. Hugon Collection; to Stewart Blay.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2024 12:51PM

@Eldorado9 said:

This 1898-S remains the first MS67 of the issue certified by PCGS, and the only MS67 currently included in the CAC roster.

Provenance
    “The John C. Hugon Collection; to Stewart Blay.

That spectacular toning is quite a contrast from the GC picture! I have to ask when whether you relied on the the printed grade and the CAC sticker or did you actually inspect the coin in hand or have someone evaluate it for you?

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:
    This one grades MS67 CAC, and is pop 2/0. The color is absolutely PHENOMENAL on this example, and it truly is a prime example of what originality looks like on superb gem examples. If this coin were to be dipped, it would probably be worth a fraction of what it's worth currently.

Are you saying that losing the originality would cause the coin to drop a grade or two?

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is this now #3 in MS67? Doesn't look like either of the 2 in coinfacts
    Got a holder pic?

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2024 6:08AM

Here’s the TV. its not really what the coin looks like in hand. Too yellow. The @FlyingAl pics are far more accurate.

• Options
    ShurkeShurke Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

Wow, talk about a gulf between FlyingAl’s pics and the Trueview. It’s not remotely close!

Great shots, @FlyingAl.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file