Home U.S. Coin Forum

Be On the Lookout for These Stolen Coins

2»

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@cladking said:
    USPS recently doubled the cost of insurance.

I have to believe they are actually paying out when they lose a package. It can be much harder when the package is signed for and THEN the receiver says it was damaged. I've collected on the insurance but there was some red tape.

Fighting a usps claim is harder than it’s ever been. There were a couple dealers on Facebook dealing with it, having to jump through hoops and provide all this documentation only for them to come back and only approve a partial payment.

Imo nobody should be relying on usps insurance anymore, there are too many better alternatives. God help you if you end up having to file a claim.

That's bad news.

Are there alternatives if you're shipping to a PO Box?

Tempus fugit.
  • PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2024 1:51PM

@cladking said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@cladking said:

I have to believe they are actually paying out when they lose a package. It can be much harder when the package is signed for and THEN the receiver says it was damaged. I've collected on the insurance but there was some red tape.

Fighting a usps claim is harder than it’s ever been. There were a couple dealers on Facebook dealing with it, having to jump through hoops and provide all this documentation only for them to come back and only approve a partial payment.

Imo nobody should be relying on usps insurance anymore, there are too many better alternatives. God help you if you end up having to file a claim.

That's bad news.

Are there alternatives if you're shipping to a PO Box?

Hugh wood, pirate ship, ship and insure.

I don’t know the specifics of the latter two so one would have to read the fine print, but I have HW.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, No!
    So sorry to hear that Mark!
    :'(
    How terrible!!!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@cladking said:

I agree; they must be advising their people internally to fight the customers on claims. I have some claims still showing as "under review" a month or two later. You call them and they said they were rejected. So the claims process is faulty. I tried to contact my Congressman on this, and they basically circled the wagons with the usps customer service representative with poor communication. You can leave critical reviews online, Yelp or Google, and should.

I did some tree work for a customer last week who sent some high end large sized notes and was trying to follow through with usps insurance claims on the fully insured priority and they were putting up roadblocks. I'd think that a class action suit would be justified though usps is semi federal.

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2024 3:55PM

I'm having trouble with USPS rural delivery leaving coins requiring signature confirmation on my front porch or in my mailbox and then forging my signature somehow. USPS records show the coin was signed for by someone who butchered my name. A $2500 coin sat in my mailbox 250 feet from the house for four hours. A few months ago, a $15K submission to PCGS sat on my porch for 16 hours after Fedex said the package could not be delivered on time that day, that it would be delivered the next day, and then went ahead and delivered the coins anyway without getting my signature.

If they were stolen, I would have an even harder time getting any insurance money as the coins were delivered using forged signatures.

3 rim nicks away from Good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file