Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show Us Your Completed Albums/Folders You've Put To Bed. (All custom pages or display cases welcome)

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 22, 2024 1:47PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Albums gents, raw coins only. You slab guys need not apply. 🀣 πŸ˜‰ Although, some of these WERE slabbed at one point.

Another completed album to my standards and budget and put to bed. I built it around the franchise 1885. The goal was full Liberty's, consistent looking, problem free set. I'm done with this one. Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

Postem' if you gottem'.

For your viewing pleasure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🀣 )

Β«1

Comments

• Options

Man, love those albums guys!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🀣 )

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2024 2:13AM

@OAKSTAR said: >
    Albums gents, raw coins only. You slab guys need not apply. 🀣 πŸ˜‰ Although, some of these WERE slabbed at one point.

Another completed album to my standards and budget and put to bed. I built it around the franchise 1885. The goal was full Liberty's, consistent looking, problem free set. I'm done with this one. Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

WHERE is the 1913 ? >:)

• Options
    edited May 19, 2024 5:48AM

@rec78 said:

@OAKSTAR said: >

WHERE is the 1913 ? >:)

I think you're right @rec78 What truly constitutes any complete album, with all the errors or varieties out there?

• Options

@fastfreddie - That folder has major character! πŸ‘

• Options
    steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

@Meltdown said:
    Here's a smattering of the albums I since finished...

Love it! Those are some nice albums!

That framed type set is pretty cool. I’ve never seen one like that before.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

WOW!! Really nice sets, folders and albums gents! πŸ‘ I thought this was going to be a disappointing thread. You proved me wrong. I still have faith in humanity. 🀣 πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸ»

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    WOW!! Really nice sets, folders and albums gents! πŸ‘ I thought this was going to be a disappointing thread. You proved me wrong. I still have faith in humanity. 🀣 πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘πŸ»

I agree! I love seeing all these albums. I have a few more that I want to share, but I want to space out my posts so that we can keep this thread alive. 😎

• Options
    edited May 21, 2024 3:49PM

@steve_richardson said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I agree! I love seeing all these albums. I have a few more that I want to share, but I want to space out my posts so that we can keep this thread alive. 😎

I've always wondered what the demographics is for raw coin collectors versus all the slab guys here. We're on a PCGS "slab" forum. Maybe we're the outliers here.

I'm just glad there isn't a disclaimer: "Raw Coin Collectors Need Not Apply" or I'd be out of luck. 🀣 πŸ˜‰

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2024 8:42AM

I have working URL now:
    A few years back, I had a complete set of Liberty Seated Dimes, minus the 1873-cc no arrows.
    The link shows the coins that were part of my PCGS Registry Set, which were most of the better dates. So about 40 out of the 113 coins were slabbed. They are shown here:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/half-dimes/liberty-seated-dimes-major-sets/liberty-seated-dimes-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1837-1891/imagegallery/125182

• Options
    edited May 22, 2024 1:47PM

Really nice custom display case Dan! πŸ‘ Now I'll have to change the title line. πŸ˜‰

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, those albums are beautiful. Expensive too

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

Recently added this one.

Love the new war nickel! That’s a nice one. But why is a 44-P in the 45-P slot?

• Options

@steve_richardson said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Love the new war nickel! That’s a nice one. But why is a 44-P in the 45-P slot?

Oh Sh*t!!! I'll be right back.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2024 5:54PM

Damn, thanks you for that @steve_richardson! πŸ‘ I guess I'm dyslexic or something. They all look-a-like to me.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    Damn, thanks you for that @steve_richardson! πŸ‘ I guess I'm dyslexic or something. They all look-a-like.

Much better :)

But seriously, that's some nice toning on that 44-P. Love it!

• Options

Better late then never Sean! πŸ‘

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an incredible looking album collection! It'd be REALLY tough to do that again today.

• Options

Always loved the look of consistent looking sets. You can really see the time and effort but into them! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file