Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nada nil everything said has been done...

mikee999mikee999 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 14, 2024 3:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

So I posted junk silver for sale at last Friday's spot price in the Precious Metal forum.

A seasoned CU member reached out to buy xxx plus $10 shipping. Payment via ppff.

I immediately packed the coins up in a bubble mailer awaiting said ppff info & address so I can ship today.

Of course if it's too good to be true, .....it is.

The said member cancelled the order.

Case closed.

😟

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... what is silver down from its friday high as of today, 10 cents?

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:
    So I posted junk silver for sale at last Friday's spot price in the Precious Metal forum.

A seasoned CU member reached out to buy xxx plus $10 shipping. Payment via ppff.

I immediately packed the coins up in a bubble mailer awaiting said ppff info & address so I can ship today.

Case closed.

😟

Did he say why he cancelled? Did silver prices drop after you both agreed to a price? Please PM me this person's name.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointment happens in various ways. At least your stuff wasn't in the pipeline. Good luck

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    Maybe a better lesson is not to use PayPal for Family and Friends for those who are neither.

Perhaps he considered him to be a friend since he's a fellow forum member. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:
    Interesting.... what is silver down from its friday high as of today, 10 cents?

$28.20 Friday.

Today

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 2:33PM

@MFeld said:
    Maybe a better lesson is not to use PayPal for Family and Friends for those who are neither.

Said member said payment via pp.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 2:34PM

@PerryHall said:

@mikee999 said:

Case closed.

😟

Did he say why he cancelled? Did silver prices drop after you both agreed to a price? Please PM me this person's name.

Yes he did, but spot price never entered into the picture.

• Options

Whether or not it was FF vs GS might not matter, I think they would have been able to cancel regardless.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 2:36PM

@PerryHall said:

@mikee999 said:

Case closed.

😟

If I wanted to call said member out I would've in my first post.

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@PerryHall said:

@mikee999 said:

Case closed.

😟

He’s not looking to call him out, I assume he would like to know for his own sake so that he doesn’t enter verbal agreements with the member who might do the same thing to him. Honestly, I can’t say I don’t share that sentiment but at the same time we’ve only heard one side of the story.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:

@mikee999 said:

@PerryHall said:

@mikee999 said:

Case closed.

😟

He’s not looking to call him out, I assume he would like to know for his own sake so that he doesn’t enter verbal agreements with the member who might do the same thing to him. Honestly, I can’t say I don’t share that sentiment but at the same time we’ve only heard one side of the story.

Duh!!!! Nothing is verbal. I have PMs.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@mikee999 said:

@PerryHall said:

@mikee999 said:

Case closed.

😟

Given OP's sometimes dubious and odd posts, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt (or any blame either) until the other side of the story is heard.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2024 2:45PM

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:

I was confused by the part I highlighted in bold font: “I immediately packed the coins up in a bubble mailer awaiting said ppff info & address so I can ship today.”

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

So did you ship it off and it has been “stolen” as far as you know, or did they cancel before you sent it off and you still have your goods and they still have their money?

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for it.....

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 2:56PM

Said member ppff wasn't the issue. Again case closed.

Lesson: don't go packing until the deal is done ie payment made via electronic payment.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:
    Said member ppff was the issue. Again case closed.

Lesson: don't go packing until the deal is done ie payment made via electronic payment.

Paypal FF doesn't provide protection for the buyer.

Perhaps the buyer in this case had second thoughts and wanted to send Paypal funds using the regular method.

peacockcoins

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it would be so hard to put a new shipping label over the old one?

This is an odd thread.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2024 3:17PM

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    Wait for it.....

The OP already deleted the post in his his other thread where the offer was put out there. That thread was two days old but he deleted his posts today, just a couple hours before starting this thread. 🤔

I'm still not sure what the issue is that is being raised here. Don't trust a forum member? Don't require PPFF? Don't prepare a shipment until the deal is completed? If was the PPFF thing, that method advantages the seller and disadvantages the buyer. I've used it as a buyer before and I'd do it again under the right circumstances, but I don't blame someone for not wanting to use it.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 3:16PM

@JBK said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    Wait for it.....

The OP already deleted the post in his his other thread where the offer was put out there. That thread was two days old but he deleted his posts today, just a couple hours before starting this thread. 🤔

I'm still not sure what the issue is that is being raised here. Don't trust a forum member? Don't require PPFF? Don't prepare a shipment until the deal is completed? If was the PPFF thing, that method advantages the seller and disadvantages the buyer. I've used it a a buyer before and I'd do it again under the right circumstances, but I don't blame someone for not wanting to use it.

Duh....simple logic why offer to sell junk silver when spot has increased
    Flydays spot 28.20
    Spot now 28.62

Git it Gomer Pyle?

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 3:32PM

What about my action of cancelling said offer?

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 3:38PM

Everyone wants to play Monday night QB.
    Sorry in this case Tuesday QB my bad

Why couldn't I have done this or do that etc

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might not know that the Gomer Pyle character was a numismatist.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 4:15PM

I was tryin' to git my 50th "agree" with this thread since today is my 1 year anniversary w/o being banned.

:smile:

+1

• Options

@mikee999 said:
    I was tryin' to git my 50th "agree" with this thread since today is my 1 year anniversary w/o being banned.

+1

We need the "disagree" button back...

I'm still not understanding the point.

• Options

@mikee999 said:

+1

Eleven posts from you, nine with edits.

peacockcoins

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@JBK said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    Wait for it.....

I'm still not sure what the issue is that is being raised here. Don't trust a forum member? Don't require PPFF? Don't prepare a shipment until the deal is completed? If was the PPFF thing, that method advantages the seller and disadvantages the buyer. I've used it a a buyer before and I'd do it again under the right circumstances, but I don't blame someone for not wanting to use it.

Duh....simple logic why offer to sell junk silver when spot has increased
    Flydays spot 28.20
    Spot now 28.62

Git it Gomer Pyle?

Why would you be upset/disappointed that someone canceled the sale then?

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:

+1

If you stopped deleting your posts you might get more "agrees". Just sayin...

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Is it Friday afternoon already? This is a Friday afternoon post.

• Options

@lermish said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Is it Friday afternoon already? This is a Friday afternoon post.

Methinks it's 2sday.

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Edit my bro edit does not mean delete.

Another +1

Gotta run someone on FB is making an offer, like my post or buying my junk silver.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 4:49PM

Yeaaa I got an offer....

From a FB adm no less.

• Options

@braddick said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Who are you the Forum's CPA?

Another +1

• Options

Look at how many FB users like my FB posts.

• Options

.> @mikee999 said:

Fantastic. Maybe you should post there, exclusively.
    Regardless, I don’t think posting that will cause anyone here to like your posts.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

Regardless, I don’t think posting that will cause anyone here to like your posts.

On the contrary I hope said buyer would chime in & is happy that I didn't or WON'T
    post his name.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 5:14PM

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

You see @Coinguy1 or @MFeld I can almost always come back to answer or add to your comments.

Another +1

• Options
    edited May 14, 2024 5:14PM

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

On the contrary I hope said buyer would chime in & is happy that I didn't or WON'T
    post his name.

Gomer, here - I have no idea what your reply had to do with what I posted.
    I’ve wasted too much time on this sorry thread and am done with it.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

post his name.

I call them non-cents

• Options

@MFeld said:

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

post his name.

It's just another +1

The OP is sometimes confusing but never bothers to clarify.

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@braddick said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Who are you the Forum's CPA?

Another +1

In your, world counting to eleven requires certification?

peacockcoins

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@mikee999 said:

+1

Edit my bro edit does not mean delete.

Another +1

Gotta run someone on FB is making an offer, like my post or buying my junk silver.

No, but it can be just as bad as it confuses subsequent posters who are reading comments based on a now non-existent post.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

On eBay is is common for sellers to have a buyer cancel because of a drop in price. It happened 3 times to me. I guess some people just want a free way to speculate on medals' price movement.

These jerks are the scum of the earth.

Vplite99
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

@mikee999 said:

@MFeld said:
    .> @mikee999 said:

post his name.

It's just another +1

The OP is sometimes confusing but never bothers to clarify.

What part of lesson learned didn't you get?

ie never ever count your eggs before they're hatched or don't get over confident & pack the order until you've been paid.

The end, finito as Team CRO fondly states.

• Options

@vplite99 said:
    On eBay is is common for sellers to have a buyer cancel because of a drop in price. It happened 3 times to me. I guess some people just want a free way to speculate on medals' price movement.

These jerks are the scum of the earth.

But how common is it to cancel on a rise in price?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file