Home U.S. Coin Forum

2017s Kennedy "Enhanced". Very under rated! Just Purchased New Set today!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 15, 2024 2:04PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
While going through my inventory. I came across this special Kennedy half. I forgot I had it.
The "Enhanced" Kennedy.
What a spectacular coin!
Not only the Enhanced appearance is beautiful but the toning that it turned into, as well.
This specimen has a low mintage of Only 210,000+.
Can't understand the under value it displays!
What do you guys think.
Ever hear of this abnormality?
Thanks guys

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go guys.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Demand versus supply always determines the price. There are as you say 210,000 of these, and likely very few if any were spent, so most are still out there. I have one set in original government packaging and expect no appreciation on it as demand is clearly not there to a degree to drive up the price.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

to complete the entire collection, this kennedy is needed. but many collect only ms or pr coins

one thing to note about the cent: i haven't seen one yet that has plating bubbles. very high quality in that regard

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Never heard of this set. Interesting.

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

they reworked the obverse in 2014 but not the reverse. i'm not sure if they ever changed the reverse since

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    they reworked the obverse in 2014 but not the reverse. i'm not sure if they ever changed the reverse since

I think the new reverse is better. Gasparro was the beginning of the decline of quality engraving at the mint.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2024 7:11PM

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I think the new reverse is better. Gasparro was the beginning of the decline of quality engraving at the mint.

I might have agreed with you at one time about Gasparro, but I've come to appreciate his unique style. The designs look a little clunky but they have a certain appeal, even if it's an acquired taste.

• The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭

I loved this whole set when it first came out. And hearing about the other tough "modern" Kennedy Halves is a treat. I've talked so many other collectors into pursuing these "bonus" pieces for their sets and every single one of them have enjoyed the extra challenge.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

@JBK said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I might have agreed with you at one time about Gasparro, but I've come to appreciate his unique style. The designs look a little clunker but they have a certain appeal, even if it's an acquired taste.

He does have a "chopped liver" style. That said, the Ike reverse is one of my favorite modern designs.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

As for the " enhanced " 2017, I have 3 Dansco albums ( to be passed to my 3 sons when I'm gone ) with raw enhanced and a 4th graded SP70 for my Registry set. Can't remember if the regular Dansco has a place for this coin as I use blank pages to customize my albums.

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

My latest Redbook (2023) does not include the coins in this set in its single coin listings, even though other Enhanced Uncirculated coins are listed as singles. The same thing occurs with the coins in the 2018-S Silver Reverse Proof set. This lack of visibility may help explain why some collectors are not aware that these coins exist.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Made for Collector" issues like this just don't have the appeal of regular circulation coins. 217,000 is more than enough to satisfy demand from collectors who actually want them.

All glory is fleeting.
  • SametsSamets Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Complete Kennedy set with varieties is a fun way to spend your money! Most proofs can be affordably purchased, mint state coins are readily available in Gem+ grades and there are many cool chase coins like the enhanced, reverse proof, matte, and High relief coins. In all you have about 240 coins to collect.

@Samets said:
    Complete Kennedy set with varieties is a fun way to spend your money! Most proofs can be affordably purchased, mint state coins are readily available in Gem+ grades and there are many cool chase coins like the enhanced, reverse proof, matte, and High relief coins. In all you have about 240 coins to collect.

Agree, as far as modern sets go, it's interesting with lots of varieties. The annoying drawback is, no 1975 for date continuity, unless you go with a Dan Carr piece.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@Samets said:

Agree, as far as modern sets go, it's interesting with lots of varieties. The annoying drawback is, no 1975 for date continuity, unless you go with a Dan Carr piece.

That just looks so... odd!
    :D
    B)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited May 15, 2024 9:13PM

New Acquisition!

My first "Enhanced" Set.
    Awesome set for the money, $25!

Better Photos, later...
    ;)

edited May 16, 2024 1:20AM

Better Pics!

Then...

<3B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file