Home Sports Talk
Options

This is getting ridiculous ( NFL PPV )

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-schedule-surprise-netflix-on-verge-of-landing-rights-to-nfls-christmas-doubleheader-per-report/

I have Netflix but regardless these PPV NFL games is starting to really annoy me

Thursday night Amazon Prime, what's next PPV for Monday night games? Sunday Night Prime Time??

Comments

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-schedule-surprise-netflix-on-verge-of-landing-rights-to-nfls-christmas-doubleheader-per-report/

I have Netflix but regardless these PPV NFL games is starting to really annoy me

Thursday night Amazon Prime, what's next PPV for Monday night games? Sunday Night Prime Time??

I’ll see your prime and Netflix and raise you a Disney plus! Anyone else?

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have the Amazon network...so then on Thursday nights during football season; I'll usually change all of the plumbing in the house over to 1/2"....
    🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭✭

I hate these pay wall games. Its just a matter of time until the Superbowl is a PPV event

• Options

hey ya Perkdog…

could it be possible if other members here on the forum that do not have the Amazon Prime gig could hang out at your house on Thursday Nights for football ???

and too, what about a trade night before and/or after Thursday night football ??? To where us members could bring over are priceless cardboard & memorabilia and have a trade night ???

I don’t think that pre-game dinner would be an issue either; I would be more that willing to man the grill…

or even a mini raffle going at the end of each quarter…

We could call it...

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:
    hey ya Perkdog…

could it be possible if other members here on the forum that do not have the Amazon Prime gig could hang out at your house on Thursday Nights for football ???

and too, what about a trade night before and/or after Thursday night football ??? To where us members could bring over are priceless cardboard & memorabilia and have a trade night ???

I don’t think that pre-game dinner would be an issue either; I would be more that willing to man the grill…

or even a mini raffle going at the end of each quarter…

We could call it...

Bring the beer and we got ourselves a night!!!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

hey ya Perkdog...
    We need directions on how to get to the Perkdog Athon on Thursday Nights..
    ✈️🚘🗾🏈📡📺🤣

• Options

Thursday Night September 5th...
    8:20 Est Start....
    🏈🏈🏈

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember thinking how much money i would save on television when everything went to subscription services. now it is nearly the same amount but split up 15 different ways $6 at a time...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

B)

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Netflix is getting the Christmas Day games going forward.
    The two matchups for 2024 include the two-time defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs at the Pittsburgh Steelers at 1 p.m. ET and an AFC divisional round rematch between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans at 4:30 p.m. ET.
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/nfl/nfl-christmas-day-games-netflix-broadcast-streaming/3409508/#:~:text=The two matchups for 2024,at 4:30 p.m. ET.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all about the bidding by the Networks for the TV contracts with the NFL and continues with the amount of money that the bidders know they can get from advertising. It has nothing to do with how much it aggravates @perkdog or @Maywood, there are clearly enough viewers on those platforms that they don't need the few/many who won't watch. FWIW, I have both Netflix and Prime.

If worse comes to worse and someone really wants to watch a game, just go sit at the neighborhood bar and nurse a six-pack and some wings.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently in the past the nfl had said they wouldn’t play on Wednesday. So Christmas is on Wednesday and guess what……. Game on! I think Goodell would push a little girl out of the way if he spotted a dollar bill on the ground and she was about to pick it up.

• Options

and all AFC teams playing on the 25th...Too Werid playing on Wednesday...

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it ain't on free,
    It ain't for me.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

in a way, this makes me glad Tommy is now retired. I was able to watch about 99% of his career games. I think I only missed 2 or 3 for his entire career. I am afraid this is just the beginning of the PPV sports trend. I LOVE to watch the NFL, but I HAD to watch Tommys games. now a days, if I miss a game here and there I will survive.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

After Directtv did not renew the NFL ticket last year I watched less football then I have in the last 25 years, and 25 years ago was the 1st year I ordered NFL sunday ticket. I did not miss anything last year not watching the Dolphins vs Chiefs game wild card round, now this year I will not be watching football on Xmas day, and I will not order You tube NFL package, looks like for me anyway baseball has taken over football as my go to sport, the way it use to be back in the 70's and 80's, for me anyway.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    If it ain't on free,
    It ain't for me.

Exactly right, and frankly, the money that companies pay to advertise, etc, of course is factored into the cost of the products we buy. They and the NFL make big money off it anyway even when broadcast for free. That should be good enough in my view, not trying to draw blood from a stone for crying out loud.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

I've read where around 2/3 of American families are living paycheck to paycheck. All they ask is for some football entertainment at no extra cost in their lives.

Well the greedy bastiges in the NFL and media won't get a red cent from me. Frankly, I enjoy the free radio broadcast almost as much as the video anyway.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

I've read where around 2/3 of American families are living paycheck to paycheck. All they ask is for some football entertainment at no extra cost in their lives.

Well the greedy bastiges in the NFL and media won't get a red cent from me. Frankly, I enjoy the free radio broadcast almost as much as the video anyway.

Just say NO

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh snap

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

There ya go. Just stop buying the product.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    oh snap

I'd like to know why those two fans were there?

Did they mistakenly think it was going to be a Rolling Stones concert, and wanted to get there early?

• Options

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:
    oh snap

Did they mistakenly think it was going to be a Rolling Stones concert, and wanted to get there early?

Might have been the game last year where tickets cost less than 50 cents each

• Options

The way the
    Panthers play> @Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:
    oh snap

The way the Panthers played, i'd demand a refund. 😆

• Options

@stevek said:
    The way the
    Panthers play> @Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:
    oh snap

The way the Panthers played, i'd demand a refund. 😆

haha my jaw dropped seeing the 700 dollar estimate for a ticket to all the home games. That must have been for suites lol

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

incredibly, there is footage of double d at a panthers game last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xttADsZDFvY