Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CSNS show update

I spent three days at the show. I figured it’s time to go through my boxes and start to crossover, upgrade some of my coins. PCGS must be coining money. The amount of submissions was surprising to me. I picked up my last coins at 2:30 Saturday. They were going to keep delivering coins until 4. I went 3 for 4 on crossovers. These were high end coins I have owned for a long time. I went to PCGS then onto CAC for stickering or resticker. If you bought coins before the plus grading, should you try for an upgrade? I wasn’t successful on a couple of upgrades. This whole process has become an effort.
PCGS is still dominating grading. Most of the CAC business seemed to be stickers. Seems like people are still waiting before they decide to let CAC encapsulate their coins.
I can only comment on what I heard from the dealers I asked. They all said they had a good show. I would have liked to see a few more of the major dealers. The show, as usual was filled with silver dollars and gold. There were some exceptional mint state dollars, not my specialty. There were some great coins. I think Rinkor Coins had incredible dollars. Legend had a mix of great coins. Early cents always has a great copper selection.
Overall it was quite enjoyable and I caught up with a lot of old friends.

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the input. Yes, the upgrade / regrade can be 'an effort' and especially if cac sticker is involved. At least right now the cac sticker can be submitted at some shows as it used to not be that way.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file