Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears that they are "out of stock". :#

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

Not the question.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of me says yes, then again why are the end coins so lustrously bright?
    -Have you tried looking up the bank details? Perhaps they were not even around in the early 60s or used a different font/lettering on their rolls.

peacockcoins

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done business with fox valley (David) a few times and have been very satisfied. I would take them at their word the rolls are original, they’ve never steered me wrong or had me question any of their products.

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

Not the question.

I did have other perspective to add but I won't bother.

@1madman said:
    I have done business with fox valley (David) a few times and have been very satisfied. I would take them at their word the rolls are original, they’ve never steered me wrong or had me question any of their products.

This is good to know.
    Based on this review I'd now state they are authentic and of the time-period.
    Jim, what was your concern?

peacockcoins

• RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me.. They do not appear original. The luster is still blazing and with exposure you would expect some oxidation even if it was just a dulling of the luster.... I would expect to see some kind of color or muting of that luster from long term storage. They would be 70 years old...

Just my 2 cents...

@Relaxn said:
    For me.. They do not appear original. The luster is still blazing and with exposure you would expect some oxidation even if it was just a dulling of the luster.... I would expect to see some kind of color or muting of that luster from long term storage. They would be 70 years old...

Just my 2 cents...

Wrapped in aluminum foil and stored in an ammo box is suppose to be why this condition. There are plenty of 70 year old coins and longer that are pristine from proper storage. Still that is why I asked.

@JBK said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

Not the question.

Relevant perspective would have been appreciated

Bank opened 1955. Maybe some were saved like first year of new issue.

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

Not the question.

It also would have been appreciated if you had actually posted photos rather than a link to a dealer's page that will presumably disappear soon.

Since you didn't, this thread will become worthless as a learning tool in the future.

@JBK said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

Not the question.

It also would have been appreciated if you had actually posted photos rather than a link to a dealer's page that will presumably disappear soon.

Since you didn't, this thread will become worthless as a learning tool in the future.

I tried but couldn’t get full page. Here’s two half pages for posterity

I have plenty experience with true OBE and ammo crates... the coins will not become colorful and rainbows but the ends will definitely tale on a "dusty" appearance.
    Dolllars to donuts these are NOT 70 year old OBW

@Relaxn said:
    I have plenty experience with true OBE and ammo crates... the coins will not become colorful and rainbows but the ends will definitely tale on a "dusty" appearance.

What about 1madman's review?

peacockcoins

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if we knew the roll provenance. Based on what I know about rolls for sale, I would say no to the originality. But that's the fun thing with rolls, you never know, you never know what's inside, and yes, baby boomers are parting with some nice stuff that's been put away for a very long time.

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@Relaxn said:

What about 1madman's review?

Just for clarity, I have not bought rolls from fox valley.

My father has original bank wrapped rolls (quarters & dimes) from the 50s that he wrapped in aluminum foil inside ammo boxes and last I looked at them (~15 years ago), they were bright shiny end coins.

• rmpsrpmsrmpsrpms Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those look original to me. Also look like they were very well-stored, so I'd expect a lot of nice coins inside.

PM me for coin photography equipment, or visit my website:

http://macrocoins.com

I am not going to discredit anyones POV. I am just speaking from my experience only. Madmans review is his review and I have full respect for his word. This is not a point of contention for me. Experience is experience and usually changes based on perspective.

Be well

• raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

I do have a question about rolls like these. Why would there be cardboard in one of the roll ends? I have had/seen many old rolls from the 50's and 60's but none have had this cardboard end. Yet, on some of my 1980's Kennedy rolls they have this cardboard end piece. Does anyone know about this end? Were they actually made like this by the mint, or were they made like this from Brinks, etc? Thanks a lot in advance.

You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@raycyca said:
    I do have a question about rolls like these. Why would there be cardboard in one of the roll ends? I have had/seen many old rolls from the 50's and 60's but none have had this cardboard end. Yet, on some of my 1980's Kennedy rolls they have this cardboard end piece. Does anyone know about this end? Were they actually made like this by the mint, or were they made like this from Brinks, etc? Thanks a lot in advance.

The Mint tends to ship coins in bags. Those are bank rolls not Mint rolls.

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2024 5:00AM

Yes, it ”looks” original. If you do not get the roll you see in the photo you cannot predict; and maybe in hand you won’t even know. It might not be important, though. I have bought “compiled” rolls of BU coins that had nicer coins than some original bank rolls. It comes down to the scruples of the guy who compiled them as far as the appearance of the coins. You won’t find a full bell or scarcer variety in a compiled roll.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the rolls pictured may not have been what you received before they were out of stock. The pictures don't really matter.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

I emailed Fox valley coin. They sold them last year and they opened one roll and confirmed choice original coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file