Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

“CLAD” Central - READ!!

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 28, 2024 11:45PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Hi guys. I get in spectacular duplicate Clad coins all the time as I am one of the strongest buyers of this type of material. I currently have the #1 or #2 sets of Mint State Clad Washington Quarters, Kennedy Half Dollars and Eisenhower Dollars (both MS & Proof), but also enjoy “Clad” Roosies, post 1964 Jeffersons and Lincoln cents.

I came up with an idea tonight of having a dedicated thread here on the BST board to offering out my duplicate (great) clad coins. I can sell them outright or trade them for something you might have that could improve any of my other collections. I am open to anything that might be beneficial to both of us.

So, tonight I launch this “CLAD” Central thread with a very cool MS Kennedy Half Dollar dupe that I purchased tonight - a 1986-P Kennedy 50C grading PCGS-MS68 (pop 2/1)! I have the MS68+ coin in my #1 set. I spent nearly (2) decades actively searching 1986 Mint sets (and some rolls) hunting for this coin. In that time, I literally found just (1) “Wonder Coin” that graded out MS68+!! Highly unlikely that it will ever be duplicated, but you just never know.

Offered here is one of the (2) MS68 undergrade coins in existence. The closest thing to what I uncovered over a roughly (20) year active search. That means only 1 other Kennedy enthusiast in the world right now owns this highly collectible (38 year old) clad date in the MS68 grade (edited to add that I just took a look and Mr. Hansen’s #2 set appears to have the coin in MS67 grade). Let’s do a deal and you can be the only other collector that owns this date in a PCGS MS68 grade! PCGS Price Guide is $3,500.00.

Look forward to listing many great clad coins here for sale or trade in the weeks and months ahead! Please check back periodically. If you have anything I might be able to use in my registry sets, please send me a private message.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. Definitely one I will be following.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent idea!
    I look forward to watching this thread.

peacockcoins

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you outbid me again. lol
    This is a great thread idea.
    I will be following it.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be following along.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    I'll be following along.

I was born in 64.
    I have a set of Kennedy's in a blue velvet box... one is enough though.
    I also have a couple 1964 DC Morgan dollars and should have picked up a few DC 64 Piece dollars, but I see where your going with this.
    I do think there was a large production supply of high end Kennedy's.