Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay coin delivery problem - Solved

rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 30, 2024 5:48AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Has anyone else had this experience and what do I do about it?
I sold a coin on ebay for $39.00
The buyer paid right away.
I shipped the coin the next day
11 days later the buyer filed a "request" for non-delivery
No tracking at this time (I dropped the package into a postal drop box)
I refunded the buyer with intention of applying for insurance
When I went to apply for insurance I checked the tracking and found that the package was delivered after I refunded the buyeI I reported the buyer to no avail. I asked the buyer to pay or return the item with no response.
What do I do now?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

• Options
    RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for a package to be delivered. It has been "Delayed in Transit" for 10 days. I am going to contact the seller and give it another couple weeks before asking for a refund. When I saw it was routed through Atlanta I was a little worried....packages get messed up there. Lucky for me it was only a $65 dollar item so I am not stressing. It will eventually show up. USPS is unreliable,
    I hope you get a fair resolution but worst case you are out $39....could have been worse. Block the buyer and carry on.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try the seller guarantee on ebay. If the claim went officially through them - I'm not sure why "request" is in quotes - then the guarantee should apply. If it was an unofficial "request" then just eat the $39 and move on.

There's a reason why USPS has the timeliness they do. 11 days is not long enough.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2024 5:46AM

Ok thanks for the comments. I called them and supposedly they are going to send me the $39 in a few days.
    I guess I should have called them before I started this thread. I will leave this thread up in case someone else has a similiar problem and don't know what to do. eBay customer service #
    1-866-540-3229.
    Difficult to find this number on the website so write it down. The person that I talked to said that there is no other way to handle this situation* you need to call the customer service #.

@jmlanzaf said:
    You can try the seller guarantee on ebay. If the claim went officially through them - I'm not sure why "request" is in quotes - then the guarantee should apply. If it was an unofficial "request" then just eat the $39 and move on.

There's a reason why USPS has the timeliness they do. 11 days is not long enough.

I know that 11 days is not long enough. I put in the listings wait at least 2 weeks for delivery, but some people are very impacient. No, I am not eating any more mistakes by someone else. I have eaten a few requests for a few dollars - filling out the insurance form for a few dollars is a PITA, but I will do it from now on, after all we do pay for the insurance even on a #3.00 coin.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don’t want to provide a link to the listing but would OK with me politely messaging him with a link to this thread, feel free to PM me.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file