Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay coin delivery problem - Solved --NOT

rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 1, 2024 9:26PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Has anyone else had this experience and what do I do about it?
I sold a coin on ebay for $39.00
The buyer paid right away.
I shipped the coin the next day
11 days later the buyer filed a "request" for non-delivery
No tracking at this time (I dropped the package into a postal drop box)
I refunded the buyer with intention of applying for insurance
When I went to apply for insurance I checked the tracking and found that the package was delivered after I refunded the buyeI I reported the buyer to no avail. I asked the buyer to pay or return the item with no response.
What do I do now?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

• RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for a package to be delivered. It has been "Delayed in Transit" for 10 days. I am going to contact the seller and give it another couple weeks before asking for a refund. When I saw it was routed through Atlanta I was a little worried....packages get messed up there. Lucky for me it was only a $65 dollar item so I am not stressing. It will eventually show up. USPS is unreliable,
    I hope you get a fair resolution but worst case you are out $39....could have been worse. Block the buyer and carry on.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try the seller guarantee on ebay. If the claim went officially through them - I'm not sure why "request" is in quotes - then the guarantee should apply. If it was an unofficial "request" then just eat the $39 and move on.

There's a reason why USPS has the timeliness they do. 11 days is not long enough.

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2024 5:46AM

Ok thanks for the comments. I called them and supposedly they are going to send me the $39 in a few days.
    I guess I should have called them before I started this thread. I will leave this thread up in case someone else has a similiar problem and don't know what to do. eBay customer service #
    1-866-540-3229.
    Difficult to find this number on the website so write it down. The person that I talked to said that there is no other way to handle this situation* you need to call the customer service #.

@jmlanzaf said:
    You can try the seller guarantee on ebay. If the claim went officially through them - I'm not sure why "request" is in quotes - then the guarantee should apply. If it was an unofficial "request" then just eat the $39 and move on.

There's a reason why USPS has the timeliness they do. 11 days is not long enough.

I know that 11 days is not long enough. I put in the listings wait at least 2 weeks for delivery, but some people are very impacient. No, I am not eating any more mistakes by someone else. I have eaten a few requests for a few dollars - filling out the insurance form for a few dollars is a PITA, but I will do it from now on, after all we do pay for the insurance even on a #3.00 coin.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don’t want to provide a link to the listing but would OK with me politely messaging him with a link to this thread, feel free to PM me.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2024 9:33PM

No, not solved yet. ebay has been jerking me around on this. I called them again after not recieving a message or payment or a return of the coin. The second time they said they would have an answer by Apr.30 . Well April 30th has come and gone with nothing heard from ebay.
    https://ebay.com/itm/186285628397
    I will call ebay again on Thursday.
    The buyer is "thecoolplayer" in case you may want to ban him. He apparently lives in Singapore but somehow has a US address.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our mail delivery is all over the place. Since start of new year we have had 3 male, 1female delivery persons seemingly on a rotating basis. We get mail at 2pm,6pm, and after 8pm on occasion. One day we got regular mail twice. 2:30pm and 8pm. Go figure.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry you are having trouble... but thanks for sharing the username. I have blocked this user. Hope you get it resolved soon!

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay will stand behind the seller if the parcel shows "delivered". Don't refund people like that as often you'll not get your money back. Some buyers will actually lie about whether they got something or not knowing that the insurance will often refund the seller. Follow the ebay system and call them if there is a question needing their backing.

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have shipped a few items with eBay standard envelope. Tracking does not show delivered, but feedback has been left so I assume they got item. I can see problems if buyer wants to be a thief.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Standard envelopes if properly packaged almost always get delivered like first class. I was in a grade school class once when we were required to send something out in a first class envelope and someone claimed that the item was lost in the mail. Few people believed them.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, just so much wrong here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file