Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Very happy to add this 1733 MO MF 1 real to my Mexico collection 1732-1771

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 28, 2024 2:58PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I already own a 1733 MX MF (the common one but it is just a NGC P-02 I have yet to see any better for sale graded higher by NGC) but this is a new variety I have been waiting a long while to add. Best one I have seen in well over a year of patiently waiting. Will not upgrade very happy with this example. NGC only has 2 graded higher both in VF and this is the only one graded by PCGS.

Great collection are great paid this week and coin is already in hand.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Boosibri said:
    Congrats!

Thanks much appreciated!!!

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 3:11PM

Nice coin!, it is very similar of the one I tried to buy, like in the same condition, too bad that they end up saying that was already sold and got my money back. Also saw another one raw in hand but it was at $1K in similar condition but with some paint on reverse, I did not buy.

• Options
    edited March 28, 2024 3:23PM

@ELuis said:
    Nice coin!, it is very similar of the one I tried to buy, like in the same condition, too bad that they end up saying that was already sold and got my money back. Also saw another one raw in hand but it was at $1K in similar condition but with some paint on reverse, I did not buy.

I think I got it for a good price paid 373$ all-in (includes the 20% juice Great Collection charges). I was expecting to pay more to be honest but very glad I did not have to. I would have probably gone twice that amount. I simply did not want to lose it I have been waiting a while for one to show up for sale.

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    I think I got it for a good price paid 373$ all-in (includes the 20% juice Great Collection charges). I was expecting to pay more to be honest but very glad I did not have to. I would have probably gone twice that amount. I simply did not want to lose it I have been waiting a while for one to show up for sale.

Not bad and already graded.

• Options
    edited March 28, 2024 5:55PM

@ELuis said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

Not bad and already graded.

Indeed especially when living outside the USA like myself. Many of my coins are in mylar 2 by 2's and they may stay that way with the cost of grading and risks of shipping coins. I am fine with that my better coins will remain graded and the others I like them raw I have learned to live with it and push my OCD aside.

Purchased these this month as well for my raw coins so I can enjoy looking at them. I have enough for life with this one order there are 25 pages of 20 coins so 500 slots. Enough for my US (will buy them raw mostly except the more expensive ones like 1796-1811 those will be graded and a few others as well), Mexico, Peru and Bolivian collections.

• Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.