Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What will be you main collecting focuses for 2024?

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2024 4:36PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Will focus on my Peru 1 real series 1751-1772 (would be be very happy if I can add 2-3 more coins) and US dimes 1796-1891 (will be happy to add 5-6 PCGS graded coins). Will get back to Mexican 1 reales 1732-1771 in 2025. I focused a lot on my Mexico set and it is doing well so I am taking a break until 2025.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to finish up my Canadian Victoria twenty-five cent set. I need three coins - 1880-H Wide 0, 1890 and 1893. I also need to dust off my Dansco Mercury dime album, which is about 1/3 complete, including the 1916-D. I also would like to continue acquiring problem-free PCGS-certified Canadian fifty-cents when they come along every so often.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 5:00PM

@GotTheBug said:
    I'd like to finish up my Canadian Victoria twenty-five cent set. I need three coins - 1880-H Wide 0, 1890 and 1893. I also need to dust off my Dansco Mercury dime album, which is about 1/3 complete, including the 1916-D. I also would like to continue acquiring problem-free PCGS-certified Canadian fifty-cents when they come along every so often.

Canada has some great coins my favourite was always the early half dollars 1870-1932.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Will focus on my Peru 1 real series 1751-1772 (would be be very happy if I can add 2-3 more coins) and US dimes 1796-1891 (will be happy to add 5-6 PCGS graded coins). Will get back to Mexican 1 reales 1732-1771 in 2025. I focused a lot on my Mexico set and it is doing well so I am taking a break until 2025.

I’d suggest buying a coin that fits your collection when you find it. It won’t be around in 2025 when you are ready for it.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 5:54PM

@Boosibri said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

I’d suggest buying a coin that fits your collection when you find it. It won’t be around in 2025 when you are ready for it.

Agreed there are a few dates on my must buy list for 2025 for my Mexico 1 real collection. I just doubt they will show up so that is why I said what I said. If they do I will go after them for sure.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no new goals for 2024. I will continue to work on sets I am well underway on. The newest set I'm working on is already 2-3 years old already.

I already sold my German Empire 1/2 Mark set this year and dropped my collection by about 15% (by number of coins). I hope to be able to reinvest that money into one of my other unfinished sets, hopefully 1 Marks. I originally started the half marks as something easier to keep me busy while I waited for nicer coins in my tougher sets. The half marks ended up sucking up more of my budget since they were more readily available. I had my fun and now I'll redirect that to something I'm more interested in.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Forward progress, stay within my guard rails…

• Options
    JabshierJabshier Posts: 28 ✭✭

Been building my German coin collection for last 15 years … mostly collected a lot German minor coinage from German states odd end proofs minor coinage … I’ll take a short break from German state coinage

last 3 years I’ve been focused on Weimar Republic years and German empire coinage …. This year I would like to focus most of my time on my German empire/ Weimar Republic ( 2 , 3 ,5 mark proofs) I have most of 2,3,5 marks in (MS65-MS67) I just need proofs go along with the set … also start dabbling into Third Reich coinage

Maybe add few more German medals to my collection every year I buy a couple of cool looking medals

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

What I’m focused on will depend on what’s for sale.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Roman Empire “box of twenty” (or maybe a few more!)

Higashiyama
  • Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Canada/Newfoundland…back to the future. It’s what I started with, and what I’m going to end with. I sold off my US and foreign collections.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last Year I finished two of my sets. Shillings by monarch and George V shilling date run. I've been floundering a bit this year without a clear goal. I bought a few odds and ends but nothing substantial. Mostly Mexico City 2 Reales in modest grades.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    kruegerkrueger Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Sell ! baby sell !
    Heritage auction sales going very high.
    Inflation on rise again and Gold and Silver on rise!

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as in 2023 and same as always.

So far, I've bought duplicates of the 1803 and 1806 Bolivia 1/4R in NGC and PCGS AU. Also a few circulated pillars and Bolivian decimals.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

A piece of SUD Morelos Silver

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2024 5:07PM

World Coins: Work on filling the missing centuries in my 28 Centuries Set.
    US Coins: Continue to strive for 95% completion of my Liberty $2.50 set.