Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Philadelphia PCGS Members Only Show Last Week

1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I haven’t noticed any mention of it.

Did anyone go last week/weekend?

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.

Comments

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there, and dropped off coins at GC, here's a photo I took while in the back of the room having coffee

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't look like it was well attended. How many people would you say were there, and where was it held?

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Conshyboy said:
    Doesn't look like it was well attended. How many people would you say were there, and where was it held?

This one was in Philly. Below link to thread on the pcgs shows and how there appears to be a focus on the east side for at least the first half of 2024.
    These shows can appear slow (and sometimes be that way). Depending on when the photo was taken can make a big difference. Friday usually much slower and/or dealers have left for home. Wednesday and maybe Thursday better and earlier in the day. PCGS success would be mostly on the submissions.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1096326/for-those-on-the-east-side-pcgs-shows-coming-but-not-until-next-year#latest

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Conshyboy said:

1201 Market St
    Phila, PA
    this was about 10:30 on Friday morning, there was a small line waiting to get in when I left.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there on Tuesday!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

In Liz Coggan’s email today, she mentioned attending and hearing there was in the vicinity of 7,000 (!) coins submitted at the show. That seems like a lot, and like a busy show.

The recent thread about TrueViews had me wondering if I should wait on submitting, now I’m wondering about the wait with some of those 7K coins likely going back to CA for grading.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1TwoBits said:
    In Liz Coggan’s email today, she mentioned attending and hearing there was in the vicinity of 7,000 (!) coins submitted at the show. That seems like a lot, and like a busy show.

The recent thread about TrueViews had me wondering if I should wait on submitting, now I’m wondering about the wait with some of those 7K coins likely going back to CA for grading.

1TwoBits

If correct I don't think I would worry about that 7,000 and increase in delays. I don't know the mix of the submissions or the mix of the below (bulk, tier level, US, foreign, modern...) but...
    From PCGS statistics page:
    (There were only 3,023 crossovers attempted in the last 30 days.)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭

We were there.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2024 6:05AM

The Philadelphia PCGS Show - I have no blog or email about the show. And, I did hear PCGS (overall) was very particular about the coins they rewarded with great grades. But, I did give PCGS for the show quite possibly the greatest Mint State USPI Peso in the entire series (or arguably the second greatest behind a particular 1906-S in MS63) and PCGS properly rewarded it (the final year, seldom seen even in Ch. BU, 1912-S) with finest known MS66+ pop 1/0 status. Simply an incredible survivor of that time in the history of our great territory. I can only imagine the joy this coin would have brought to Justhavingfun in this grade had he still been with us (RIP).

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file