• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:
    CACG*
    or
    CACG+

My guess: PCGS CACG+

huh?

What is a PCGS CACG+? Are you talking about stickers? To avoid confusion, we usually say CAC for stickers and CACG for slabs.

If you are talking about stickers, you are not going to see any change in the stickers. They want to phase them out not create more options.

If you are talking about the slabbing company, I don't know what a PCGS CACG is. You can't have both slabs simultaneously...unless CACG starts slabbing PCGS slabs in their entirety. [You're going to need a bigger box.]

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read this thread and don't get it. Maybe it's me.
    Or it could possibly need more of an explanation.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus the thread headline doesn’t convey what the thread is about.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@Catbert said:
    Plus the thread headline doesn’t convey what the thread is about.

That's true 50% of the time around here...

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭

I think that he wants to know whether CACG uses a + or a star for plus grades? I really don't know. :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:
    I think that he wants to know whether CACG uses a + or a star for plus grades? I really don't know. :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

CACG already uses plus grades (not star grades) and I don't think that will change.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭

I’m asking who (I’m guessing PCGS) will sticker CACG coins w/a sticker on top of it with a CACG+. A star works too.

• Options

@mikee999 said:
    I’m asking who (I’m guessing PCGS) will sticker CACG coins w/a sticker on top of it with a CACG+. A star works too.

This still doesn't make sense. Why would PCGS put a CACG+ sticker on it?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to consult Yoda.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honey! Where's my magic 8 ball?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited March 4, 2024 2:09PM

I was under the assumption of CACG has NOT assigned a + or * in their slabs. If that already has been done, ignore my post.

If not PCGS can gain additional revenue by adding either + or * to CACG slabs or even a - to them.

To take it a step further add a gold symbol star sticker (with PCGS) logo inside it.

I know I have waaaaay too much time on my hands but not quite ready to be locked up in a mental institution.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:
    I was under the assumption of CACG has NOT assigned a + or * in their slabs. If that already has been done, ignore my post.

If not PCGS can gain additional revenue by adding either + or * to CACG slabs or even a - to them.

To take it a step further add a gold symbol star sticker (with PCGS) logo inside it.

I know I have waaaaay too much time on my hands but not quite ready to be locked up in a mental institution.

If PCGS started a stickering service for NGC and CACG slabbed coins that meet their quality standards, it would be an excellent source of additional revenue without much additional start-up cost. Those coins that qualify for the coveted PCGS sticker would be allowed to be included in the PCGS registry.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@mikee999 said:

Smh...

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@mikee999 said:

Where is the disagree button when you need it.

No need for a disagree button. State your case with just the facts.

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do I really need more of this sticker/slab nonsense in my hobby?
    Jeeezz!

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Time to consult Yoda.

Yoda read the thread and then threw himself into the fire.

Well,

Yoda the thread himself read the fire into threw then and

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I know I have waaaaay too much time on my hands but not quite ready to be locked up in a mental institution."

Isn't that exactly what somebody that needs to be placed in a rubber room say?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several one could go with including Dazed and Confused, Communication Breakdown
    But I think this might fit better - All Mixed Up

It's all mixed up
    It's all mixed up
    It's all mixed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oxJDZaLmDg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scanned the thread. There go 5 minutes I'll never get back . . . . . . .

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

…… Third Base!

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a dumb thread forum so this could be moved there.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    We need a dumb thread forum so this could be moved there.

I could finally realize my full potential

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2024 2:13PM

@mikee999 said:
    CACG*
    or
    CACG+

My guess: PCGS CACG+

Pretty sure it’ll be cactus Plus and not cactus Star as well. Stars rarely reach PCGS status let alone cactusus statuses.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file