Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Given current market conditions, and a decent tax refund, which would you buy

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2, 2024 11:55AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm getting a little tax refund this year. This, along with my typical coin budget for the year would net me one of the following to add to my collection... I've been looking at these...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Given current market conditions, and a decent tax refund, which would you buy

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

  • Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

    1795

    Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

    Sports: NFL & NHL

  • Options
    BjornBjorn Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

    The Fugio if you can find an attractive and fairly problem-free example

  • Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

    While the other non gold coins are nice, I prefer the higher grade

  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2024 12:35PM

    There's gold in them thar hills!

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd love to get a nice $10 Indian (maybe with prior big check if your all out)

  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Would want get some PCGS $20 Saints MS64 or higher. Super luster.

    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd go for the GOLD! ;)

    “I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

    Draped Bust half all the way.

    Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would hold out till the pot gets bigger to afford a higher graded coin, the 1795 half would be my choice

  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I thought the gold market would run out of steam, but it hasn't. So I voted for pre 1933 gold.

    My second choice would be a very attractive for the grade Bust half dollar. The grades are too low for the other coins IMO.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those are all nice options. I voted for the gold because gold 20's are commanding and marvelous in hand and also because the bullion aspect makes them an extra appealing part of your portfolio as a hedge, but they'd all be fun things to have in your collection.

    mirabela
  • Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭

    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

  • Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2024 5:27PM

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 800+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mikee999 said:

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 880+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

    NVDA never got to $880
    The highest it got was $8823.94 but hoping it goes a lot higher
    Also bought and sold AI

  • Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 880+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

    NVDA never got to $880
    The highest it got was $8823.94 but hoping it goes a lot higher
    Also bought and sold AI

    Sorry I meant 800+, 880 was a typo & has been corrected.

    Either some economic or political news will result in a correction. That’s the time to jump back in.

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mikee999 said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 880+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

    NVDA never got to $880
    The highest it got was $8823.94 but hoping it goes a lot higher
    Also bought and sold AI

    Sorry I meant 800+, 880 was a typo & has been corrected.

    Either some economic or political news will result in a correction. That’s the time to jump back in.

    It's all good
    Staying fully invested because I don't get a refund :/
    We'll see how that works out

  • Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 880+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

    NVDA never got to $880
    The highest it got was $8823.94 but hoping it goes a lot higher
    Also bought and sold AI

    Sorry I meant 800+, 880 was a typo & has been corrected.

    Either some economic or political news will result in a correction. That’s the time to jump back in.

    It's all good
    Staying fully invested because I don't get a refund :/
    We'll see how that works out

    I’m getting 4-4.5% apy on my money while waiting for an opportunity to jump in.

    Surprisingly TSLA has recently recovered some losses. Shorts covering their positions?

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2024 6:11PM

    @mikee999 said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @alaura22 said:

    @mikee999 said:

    @ctf_error_coins said:

    @mikee999 said:
    Buy shares of “AI” related stock.

    I actually own the stock AI

    I owned 100 shares watched it roller coaster to 35+, then dumped it for a nice profit.

    I also bought & sold NVDA when it rocketed to 880+.

    Will probably buy them again after a correction.

    I also bought & made $$ on FB $ NFLX.

    NVDA never got to $880
    The highest it got was $8823.94 but hoping it goes a lot higher
    Also bought and sold AI

    Sorry I meant 800+, 880 was a typo & has been corrected.

    Either some economic or political news will result in a correction. That’s the time to jump back in.

    It's all good
    Staying fully invested because I don't get a refund :/
    We'll see how that works out

    I’m getting 4-4.5% apy on my money while waiting for an opportunity to jump in.

    Surprisingly TSLA has recently recovered some losses. Shorts covering their positions?

    I think the opportunity is now
    Sold out of TSLA, EVs overrated,
    Bought Dell before earnings, $$$
    I can't seem to be able to tie my money up in bonds, MM, CDs, and the like
    powder on the sidelines so I can jump in

  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What's a tax refund? but if I were to get one it would probably be pre-33 gold.

    it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What is this "refund" of which you speak? I am not familiar. :D

    I voted for the Flowing Hair half but hopefully its an undegraded VG.

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

    In this scenario I like the Fugio. I have an example of the gold already (certainly hope for more in the future). The 1795 got a lot of thought, but I’d like a little better one than that, one day.

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m given neither, ( a good market or tax refund). tyvm.

  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd buy a nice mutual fund. 😉

    I also would never buy what random forumites want to buy. If it doesn't resonate strongly with me, I really don't care what anyone else thinks. 🤷

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file