Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March Madness...Let's See Yours!

Having sold my 1955 Topps Hank Aaron SGC-96 late last year...I needed to find a replacement. Here it is, recently purchased.

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Having sold my 1955 Topps Hank Aaron SGC-96 late last year...I needed to find a replacement. Here it is, recently purchased.

That's a beauty!!

Daniel
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Aaron is all THAT.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erba said:
    Here’s one I bet no one expected to see here.

Boy Meets World was one of my go to shows back in the early/mid 90’s. No idea Topenga made it to a card though.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    Put some tax money to good use.

Nice card! The fed just took money from me again this year. Glad I could now pay my fair share. 😩

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@stwainfan said:

Nice card! The fed just took money from me again this year. Glad I could now pay my fair share. 😩

Thanks.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options

Wow… some absolute bangers.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

The BEST use!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:
    Wow starting out with a bang!! Love the Aaron and Yaz.

Bad pics from my phone camera - these came today. A 1960 Leaf Cepeda is on the way too for some reason I like this set - the black and white photos are lit in a way that they somehow pop. The Herzog just seems like a steal $85 for a HOF rookie.

hey brad31...
    don't worry bout the pics...Cool Cards... :)

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Hoping to cross to PSA and be an upgrade to my Killebrew Master set.

Really nice looking 5! Unless there is paper loss on the back think it should cross as a 5.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2024 10:10AM

@NGS428 said:

@erba said:
    Here’s one I bet no one expected to see here.

Boy Meets World was one of my go to shows back in the early/mid 90’s. No idea Topenga made it to a card though.

I was scrolling through Twitter one day and saw that it was coming out. It was a must buy for me.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2024 2:22PM

BaltimoreYankee...

Those are beautiful team cards...would not look out of place in 8.5 holders...and would be in 9 holders if it would have white borders.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know what it is but I’ve always loved the 71 team sets more than any other year. Those are so cool.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Derek Jeter’s autograph has morphed into a kid drawing a hillside.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2024 2:58PM

Those are very cool...and not surprising rare especially with the envelope.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Those are very cool...and not surprising rare especially with the envelope.

Thanks, Monte!

Your new 55T Hank Aaron card is quite beautiful. You can really pick ‘em!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    As a Mickey Mantle collector, there’s a lot of items to track and hunt. Some are easy enough to find and some are impossible. Population reports can be misleading on oddballs, of course, but based on my own experience and the PSA Population of the Mantle (4), I think it’s safe to say these have some genuine rarity. PSA classifies this as a 1962 Yankees Team Issue and part of what makes it so unique is the envelope which features cropped images of the M n M boys.

1962 Yankees Team Issue - Complete Set

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

My guess is a touch of wax on the front....hold it at an angle under good light and see if you can find it. If you do find it, it is pretty easy to rub off after you crack it out. Good luck with your re-sub.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

On the back of the card looks like a very small mark on the shoulder.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    My guess is a touch of wax on the front....hold it at an angle under good light and see if you can find it. If you do find it, it is pretty easy to rub off after you crack it out. Good luck with your re-sub.

Might be the piece of leather from the glove.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Nice card. I don't see anything

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 250 ✭✭✭

That santo ‘71 is so incredible. Best I have ever seen. If you have room in your will…

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@totallyradd said:
    Just got back my Nolan Ryan 300th win signed ticket back from PSA. I was more shocked that the auto got a 9 than the ticket got a 10. For sure thought it woulda been the other way around. Fun fact: someone pointed out it was ticket 0001966. 1966 was Nolan Ryans debut.

Awesome! I was there!

Andy

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2024 10:51AM

@ahopkins said:
    Awesome! I was there!

Me too! I was 11. My grandfather brought my dad to see Warren Spahn's 300th win. The night of the game I was going to sleepover at a friends house. My dad called and asked if I wanted to go. I didn't want to initially, and my friend and his dad were like "this is a once in a lifetime experience, you need to go!" So glad I listened to them. I think my dad was pretty happy that he could share a milestone like this with his son like my grandpa shared with him. I have my original ticket and the certificate framed in my basement.

Two years later my dad took me to the first two games when Yount was going for 3000. The third game he couldn't go because of a work trip. So he got me and my friend two tickets and my grandfather dropped us off at County Stadium. I dont know how we found him after the game as that may have been the largest County Stadium attendance ever. Ha!

Cheers!