A True Test To See If CACG Is As Strict As Perceived

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@DisneyFan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Honestly, I don't care if it is a majority or a minority. ETHICAL dealers will disclose everything. I want my customers to be knowledgeable and to trust in me. I disclose everything. I am quite certain that I'm not the only one. As for other people, hopefully karma exists...

Are you saying your grading skills are on the same level as those at CAC and CACG?

Where, exactly, did I mention my grading skills at all? While I'm waiting...

The question was whether it was ethical to hide information from a buyer. The specific example was breaking out a CACG details coin and selling it raw. Since I indicated that was unethical because of the CACG opinion, I was actually suggesting my skills were NOT better than CACG - the exact opposite of your implication.

"I disclose everything."

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to have standards when the experts can't see eye to eye. Looks like the world is short of coin experts.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2024 8:06AM

Interesting example - but somebody will be paying up, court ordered child support - it’s called a paternity test. As far as Players beyond husband or BF the reality - none of them really know how many she meeting up with. They might know she has a husband or BF (comes up in scheduling meetings) but beyond that….

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@DisneyFan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Honestly, I don't care if it is a majority or a minority. ETHICAL dealers will disclose everything. I want my customers to be knowledgeable and to trust in me. I disclose everything. I am quite certain that I'm not the only one. As for other people, hopefully karma exists...

Are you saying your grading skills are on the same level as those at CAC and CACG?

Where, exactly, did I mention my grading skills at all? While I'm waiting...

The question was whether it was ethical to hide information from a buyer. The specific example was breaking out a CACG details coin and selling it raw. Since I indicated that was unethical because of the CACG opinion, I was actually suggesting my skills were NOT better than CACG - the exact opposite of your implication.

"I disclose everything."

LMFAO

I do. But how does that relate to either my grading abilities or the TPGS's? We were talking about disclosing a TPGS opinion... really odd limb you're out on.

You're trying a bit too hard to express your hatred.

• Options
    edited March 14, 2024 3:59PM

If CACG too quick on trigger giving details grades sharp experienced players with good grading skills are going to try pick off those details ones, crack and get straight graded somewhere else then bank what 2-3x cost. Expensive Saints could be a target. Crack em, get straight graded, flip em, get all the money. Rinse / Repeat. Let the games begin - What kind of cone do you like Sir - Double Bubble or Triple Dipple?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    McDonald's now is offering juicier double cheese burgers with fluffier and softer buns.
    I haven't tried them yet.
    If 500 consumers try them and compare them to the older style of cheeseburgers I wonder if the consensus is they're now better?

https://www.allrecipes.com/mcdonalds-making-burgers-bigger-and-better-8416918

I would imagine the success rate would match that of the OP's question, but I am not sure.

I'd rather have the McPukes than the cacs. RGDS!

• Options

I prefer Jack n the Box.

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    It's hard to have standards when the experts can't see eye to eye. Looks like the world is short of coin experts.

This is the crux of this debate. And I'm not talking about whether a ding is worth more or less than 3-4 bagmarks in the fields....or how many marks away from a central device is equal to a ding on Liberty's face.

We had another thread where we had some SUPER-KNOWLEDGEABLE EXPERTS (whether you agreed with one or the other or neither) and we couldn't get a definitive answer (at least I didn't see one) on the whole high-point wear/rub/friction/"cabinet friction" thing involving MS coins going to AU.....discoloration resulting from dies not being completely filled...etc...etc...etc.

The entire CACG "stricter" grading seems to mostly be on coins being Details and/or going from MS to AU.

I don't think, judging from all the threads and posts I've read, that this is a debate of grades changing by 1 or 2 increments. It's a fundamental revaluation of what we thought -- probably NOT unlike what happened when the major TPGs first came into existence in 1986 and 1987.

I've learned alot -- but I have a ways to go. Hopefully, I make it. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file