Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help grading a 21-S Walker

What technical grade would you assign this 21-S Walker? I know it has some rim and surface issues but I like it! Thanks for your grade input!

Comments

• Options
    scotty4449scotty4449 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess VF details, not a bad looking coin.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, vf-details

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reverse is better than the obverse - net VF25. Maybe a details coin because of the rim ding but since you aren't going to get it professionally graded who really cares? A nice Walker for an album.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Reverse is better than the obverse - net VF25. Maybe a details coin because of the rim ding but since you aren't going to get it professionally graded who really cares? A nice Walker for an album.

I'm between 25 and 30. The reverse is way stronger imho. Thanks for the input! I am not at all familiar with this date. Got her for a bargain price at a recent show.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in the VF camp. Like the yellowish effect on/around the 🌞

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭

vf25 in details; the significant rim ding (whether or not arbitrarily considered by a TPG to be enough to consign it to "details grade) devalues it from there, to me.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF20 for me. (nice reverse)

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manorcourtman said:

@Steven59 said:

I'm between 25 and 30. The reverse is way stronger imho. Thanks for the input! I am not at all familiar with this date. Got her for a bargain price at a recent show.

Agree, very close to or at VF 30.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF details

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go VF-20. The mark on the obverse rim is there, and it knocks off at least 5 points, but I think that it should grade.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

I see it straight graded as a VF20

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

F15

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF20 details. A coin that should sell easily to a collector working on an album collection.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a strong VF 30is but that rim ding might cost it a grade. That said album buyer will pay a premium (discounted) price for that coin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file