• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 11:53AM

Cool stuff.

• Options
    HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Cool stuff.

You will meet Ty Gretzky while you’re there.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 12:55PM

I want that basement

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    There's a guy on You Tube who's been ripping extremely high dollar unopened packs (71 and 72 wax, 67 cello with MANTLE on top) if anyone needs a reminder as to why ripping is ill advised in this day and age. As an unopened collector, I winced while watching it, though it was interesting from a purely research perspective. .

As my good friend cpamike once stated: "Unopened packs are our friends. We don't rip our friends."

As for this case, I wouldn't be surprised to see it eclipse 4MM.

Final hammer price: 3,720,000 with BP.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@grote15 said:
    There's a guy on You Tube who's been ripping extremely high dollar unopened packs (71 and 72 wax, 67 cello with MANTLE on top) if anyone needs a reminder as to why ripping is ill advised in this day and age. As an unopened collector, I winced while watching it, though it was interesting from a purely research perspective. .

As my good friend cpamike once stated: "Unopened packs are our friends. We don't rip our friends."

As for this case, I wouldn't be surprised to see it eclipse 4MM.

Final hammer price: 3,720,000 with BP.

Good for that Canadian family.
    So $3 million and they get half of that because of their government I think but don’t quote me on that.

• Options

The two PSA 10 Opc Lemieux rookies were rather soft. Expected 40k got 28. Expected 15k got 8.
    That Lemieux excitement needs another 10-15 years before it takes off. Someone got a good buy.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is an incredible price. anyone know what the 8.5 mantle went for?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.