What software do you recommend for coin inventory files?----- UPDATE!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

  • Goob
    Goob Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    As basic as it is, Google Sheets could work well

    "Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
    - Someone, probably

  • StacksBowersGalleries
    Options

    Stack's has recently launched, but not marketed, a new collection management tool on our website. Log in, and select "My Collections" under the "Account" button. You can easily import any past Stack's Auction or Marketplace purchases, items stored in your Stack's Vault as well as add other certified and raw items to your account.

    I invite you to try it and welcome your feedback.

  • Russell12
    Russell12 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2026 4:29PM
    Options

    I use Excel, with it's tabs. Tabs for slabbed, albums, etc. One of the tabs is my want list with grades and prices, I publish it into a pdf so it's on my phone all the time. If anyone would like help setting up an Excel sheet, let me know

  • BGBGBG
    Options

    Glad the OP got the Excel files back. That recovery story is the real lesson of this thread: whatever software anyone picks, the backup habit matters more than the tool.

    For the Mac and iPhone users here, one more option, with the disclosure that I'm the developer. NumisLens (numis-lens.com) is web-based, so it runs the same in Safari on a Mac or a phone with nothing to install, and it imports an existing Excel sheet by mapping your columns. Honest scoping: it's built for ancient and world coins, with catalogue references, provenance and insurance exports. For certified US coins and bullion, the registry-plus-Excel setups described above will serve you better. But if you have a world or ancients drawer that Excel handles awkwardly, there's a free tier to try, and everything exports back out to CSV and PDF whenever you want.

  • jstahl
    Options

    @GRANDAM said:
    I have used excel for years but looking for something different

    I know this thread is a couple years old, I'm not sure what level of system you're looking for either, but I understand you're looking for something more powerful than Excel. CoinDealerPro might be helpful to you if you have a serious inventory to manage as it was built around the premise that the coin business needs more than a spreadsheet to manage coins. It does a ton of things like tracking your cost, splitting coins with people, funding, where the coin is, etc. Hopefully you find this helpful.

  • Bullsitter
    Bullsitter Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Grandam hasn't logged in in over a year.....hope he's okay.

  • Samets
    Samets Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Old thread but good one to keep updated...

    I use Google sheets. It's online so OS doesn't matter, can be accessed from anywhere and even can be easily used on the move with apps for Android & iOS...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file