Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

388 years ago this date

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 25, 2024 12:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The First Public School in America Was Established on January 25, 1636: On January 25, 1636, the first public school in America was established in Boston, Massachusetts. The school, known as the Boston Latin School, was initially established to educate children of the wealthy elite, but later became a free public school open to all children.
please post the oldest coin in your collection.
boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

No photo but mine is an Athenian Owl that is about 2 500 years old. :)

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey! You’re back. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options

As a public school teacher, I appreciate this post. Thank you.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options

@Ownerofawheatiehorde said:
    Hey! You’re back. :)

Yes I am

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@Jacques_Loungecoque said:
    As a public school teacher, I appreciate this post. Thank you.

Thank you for being an educator.

Over the past 394 years, many of my relatives were teachers and professors in Massachusetts, it's not an easy job if you take is seriously.
    boston

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

No photo, but 1/12 stater of Lydia 561-546BC. Part of my "educational" type set.

• Options

This was the first public school formed in America. It was started to teach Latin grammar to boys ages 8 through 15. This school's main focus was to prepare boys for college. The reason for learning Latin was for the interpretion of the bible. Religion was one of the main reasons for beginning of education.

• Options

today

• Options

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 12 year in me does not see the need to celebrate this milestone :s

• Options

Fantastic @BillJones

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

First coin in my set.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

My oldest coin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file