Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Standing Liberty Quarter Auction Ends Saturday 1/27/24

willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 26, 2024 6:46PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

My complete PCGS CAC Standing Liberty Quarter set is being auctioned off with Gerry Fortin Auction starts 1/20/24 and ends 9PM ET on 1/27/24

See attached PDF for the catalog he made.

Comments

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭

wow! Nice set. Must be a heartbreak to let it go.

• Options

I am already regretting the decision to sell this set. I like that it is selling through auction and I am getting a nice catalog for myself and my family to remember the collection by. If I went through Great Collections I would not have a nice organized catalog or any descriptions of the coins and the large auction firms this would be a drop in the bucket for them.

Gerry Fortin has been great to work with on the disposal of these smaller collections.

Willy

• Options
    bretsanbretsan Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

The Standing Liberty Quarter is one of my favorite coin designs. Thanks for sharing the details on this sale. I've been building an AU set for the last several years. I'm very interested in a couple of these dates :smile:

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking set @willy

Some really good coins in there. Good luck with the sale.

Also, for those that read your first post, this sale starts tonight ... NOT in September

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

TTT

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

That’s a really long auction ! 😜 Guess you mean closes 1/27 ?

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2024 8:00AM

Dang,

I probably would have liked to have bought that intact and kept it.

I had bought one from a customer many years ago about the same grade range, but didnt have the money to keep at the time. I regretting selling it then, and wished I had tried to make arrangements to keep that one even if it meant selling other stuff. Now adays not an issue

Good luck on the sale

• Options

TTT

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s what I’d call a stellar collection. Are you happy with the auction results?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2024 7:15AM

I am happy with the results. Would have liked to see the 1916 sell as that would free up some money for my Type set. 2 people reached out prior to the auction trying to buy the coin but did not show up to bid. It was a fun set to build and only took 2 years.