Home Sports Talk

Comments

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    barf

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Imagine actually choosing going from Backfoot Jones and Zappe to Ridder.

    Yikes

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    He will have some great halftime pep talk material

    28-3...

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'd be surprised if the Falcons offered him the job and even more surprised if Belichick took it. I think Belichick is just fishing around to see what's out there. Falcons basically doing the same.

    But who knows? Stranger things have happened.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    Imagine actually choosing going from Backfoot Jones and Zappe to Ridder.

    Yikes

    The Falcons have untapped resources

    That buffon of a coach whoever he was I can't remember his name but drafted Pitts and Robinson and literally barely used them, Atlanta doesn't have a terrible team they just had a moron for coach, like I would have had a better record if I was coaching them.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have to be honest, Belichick coaching the Falcons, I never imagined such a scenario. This is just too weird.

  • MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I predict Belichick goes to the Chargers, Cowboys or retires.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Too weird!

  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Since the Falcons collapsed in the Super Bowl to New England no less, they have been a losing organization. Belichick will make no difference.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @craig44 said:
    Imagine actually choosing going from Backfoot Jones and Zappe to Ridder.

    Yikes

    The Falcons have untapped resources

    That buffon of a coach whoever he was I can't remember his name but drafted Pitts and Robinson and literally barely used them, Atlanta doesn't have a terrible team they just had a moron for coach, like I would have had a better record if I was coaching them.

    Only thing that would make any sense if if Bijon had an undisclosed injury, but every game the actually put the ball in his hands he had a very good game. Even the Saints game where he had only 28 rushing yards he had over 100 receiving yards

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Belichick and the Falcons feels like a marriage made in hell

  • HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Basebal21 said:

    @perkdog said:

    @craig44 said:
    Imagine actually choosing going from Backfoot Jones and Zappe to Ridder.

    Yikes

    The Falcons have untapped resources

    That buffon of a coach whoever he was I can't remember his name but drafted Pitts and Robinson and literally barely used them, Atlanta doesn't have a terrible team they just had a moron for coach, like I would have had a better record if I was coaching them.

    Only thing that would make any sense if if Bijon had an undisclosed injury, but every game the actually put the ball in his hands he had a very good game. Even the Saints game where he had only 28 rushing yards he had over 100 receiving yards

    Let's not forget Pitts as well

  • HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Falcons interviewing Harbaugh too, saw that this morning.

  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BillJones said:
    Since the Falcons collapsed in the Super Bowl to New England no less, they have been a losing organization. Belichick will make no difference.

    The Falcons are going to interview anyone that can hold a football in two-hands...............

    Harbaugh will likely go to the Chargers if he jumps.........


    Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    BB getting a second interview with the Falcons this weekend.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DrBuster said:
    BB getting a second interview with the Falcons this weekend.

    Not a guarantee, but a positive sign for sure.

    I highly doubt that salary was discussed in the first interview. Likely it will be discussed in this interview. Not that Belichick needs the money, but I doubt if he would accept an offer of $7.25 an hour.

  • HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

    Belichick’s vehicle indeed spotted already in Atlanta.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Frankly, i'm not sure what the Falcons are thinking. They're not getting a 50 or 60 year old Bill Belichick. They would be getting a 72 year old Bill Belichick.

    Belichick is going to know what to say in the interviews. He's had interviews himself and has done interviews many times over the years. So he knows what the Falcons will want to hear.

    But if he gets hired, that's where the age difference will show. His hard work won't be the same, his cognitive reasoning won't be the same, and his ability to adapt to game conditions and competitive strategies won't be the same. For example he will be watching the game film after a loss, and see something and say to himself, he should have seen that and made the adjustments. Well in his younger days he would have seen that during the game, made the adjustments during the game, and perhaps won the game.

    Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Belichick gets the job and wins another Super Bowl. But I highly doubt it.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bill-belichick-top-candidate-falcons-head-coaching-job-more-meetings-come-report

    Bill Belichick 'top candidate' for Falcons head coaching job with 'more meetings to come': report

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bill-belichick-top-candidate-falcons-head-coaching-job-more-meetings-come-report

    Bill Belichick 'top candidate' for Falcons head coaching job with 'more meetings to come': report

    I think the Falcons are going to hire Belichick, all signs point toward it happening. There's even rumors that Kirk Cousins might join Bill in Atlanta.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

    An interesting Bill Belichick story while we're waiting for news to break, you all probably know about the now famous incident, when two young fans were snubbed when Bill Belichick wouldn't high five them in Detroit, it turned into a popular internet meme. Well, it turns out that the story has a happy ending.

    Belichick signed photo of infamous meme, met with young fans he snubbed in Detroit

    PLAINVILLE - Bill Belichick may be gone as head coach of the New England Patriots, but his viral moments will live on forever. This includes the infamous meme against the Detroit Lions where he snubbed two young fans looking for a high five. It turns out, the two children in the viral hit are actually die-hard Patriots fans.

    "I have been a season ticket holder since about 2011. I was on the waitlist for 10 years," said Andy Ferreira, the father of one of the boys. "A group of three dads and five boys went out there. One of our friends worked for the Lions. We did a guys trip out there. We were out to support our friend, and part of the deal was we would wear some Lions gear."

    Bill Belichick meme

    Bill Belichick signed a photo of him walking past Matt Noonan and Zach Ferreira in Detroit.

    The gift also came with field access. As Belichick exited the tunnel, Matt Noonan and Zach Ferreira reached out for a high-five. TV cameras were live as Bill gave them the cold shoulder.

    "A lot of the players were walking by not paying attention to us, so we weren't mad about it at first," says Zach.

    "With no other action on TV, it captured that moment. After that we didn't think anything of it," remembers Andy. "A tweet went out, I think Barstool Sports, and by the time we got up to our seats the phones were blowing up."

    The moment has been turned into a meme countless times. This is especially true whenever rumors pop up of a player potentially coming to the Patriots.

    "First it came out, and I thought, 'Oh you get your 15 minutes of fame,' and it's going to be over, but it isn't," laughs Noonan. "It tends to come up a lot, especially during draft season."

    The Patriots caught wind of the incident and invited the boys and their parents to a game against the Bills. The kids met Belichick, and he even signed photos of the now infamous moment.

  • pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

    That's cool and also funny. Good for those kids.

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't want BB. We need a young coach to work with what we have and what we'll trade/pick for. I don't see BB making it over 2 years, and changes he makes won't be long term for set up and results.

  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DrBuster said:
    I don't want BB. We need a young coach to work with what we have and what we'll trade/pick for. I don't see BB making it over 2 years, and changes he makes won't be long term for set up and results.

    I agree. I just don't see him bringing to the table what Atlanta needs.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think wherever he goes, that team will have about 3 years with BB, maybe 4.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Harbaugh getting a 2nd interview this weekend too.

Sign In or Register to comment.