Home Sports Talk

Buffalo Bills ask fans to help shovel snow!!

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.themirror.com/sport/american-football/buffalo-bills-ask-fans-help-285589

Would you shovel snow for Bills management? Food and $20/hr.

As a kid, over the years, I must've shoveled at least 500 tons of snow in Massachusetts...it ain't fun, especially when the snow plow comes back around and puts another pile of white at the end of your driveway. Perkdog knows how this drill goes.

Comments

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

    100%.

    To this day I'm still shoveling snow, I take care of my house, my parents house and the grounds at work.

    I've been shoveling snow since I was a kid, it's a workout!

    And the plow guy burying the end of your driveway is never going to stop lol

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I used to love a snow day off from school. I'd go out, knock on doors, and always found a number of customers willing to pay to have their driveways shoveled. 💲

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $20/hr

    Drive to the stadium and all that for $20 hour? Considering the billions the owner makes? What a cheap bastige.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yes, but I want $50 an hour!

  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Yes, but I want $50 an hour!

    That's a long drive from NC to Buffalo for $50 an hour, isn't it? 😉

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    Yes, but I want $50 an hour!

    That's a long drive from NC to Buffalo for $50 an hour, isn't it? 😉

    If I lived in Buffalo I would want $50 an hour Steve. If they want me to drive to New York from NC, I want $10,000 an hour!

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

    over in the GroceryRackPack's hood...




    hey @LandrysFedora bring your shovel, de-icing NaCl, and start chipping & clearing a pathway to my grill... :)

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2024 10:56AM

    We had to clear our own seat in the old Rock Pile in the ‘’60’s. Bread wrappers lining our boots and cardboard to stand on. I just thought everyone did it.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Snowing in Destin Florida... B)
    .

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    $20/hr

    Drive to the stadium and all that for $20 hour? Considering the billions the owner makes? What a cheap bastige.

    And that is before taxes. And what about any workman's compensation coverage? I see they are including food breaks.
    Maybe if it included all the chicken tenders you could eat it might be worth it. :D

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't need to shovel snow for money, I should get a handsome payout from my lawsuit.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have moved snow my entire life. driveways, roofs, parking lots, you name it!! It does get old after awhile.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Shorts day in ATL, although I'm leg numb half the time,ha!

  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coolstanley said:
    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    Yeah, I don't get it. They're building a new stadium and not including a roof. And can't even host a Super Bowl.

  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭

    Money. Roofs are very expensive

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

    They probably did not want to or could not stick it to the taxpayers any more than they already have. $850 million so far from the taxpayers.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coolstanley said:
    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    No it wouldn't have. The game was moved because of the driving ban in Erie County. Not because of the snow in the stadium. In a dome or not, the game would have been postponed. You can't ask the players and fans to walk to the stadium.


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This was the old Metrodome in Minneapolis. I believe they do not get the large snow totals that Buffalo gets with the lake effect snow. Which would also be heavier.

    JMO

    https://youtu.be/X_uscBJn0p0

    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Tabe said:

    @coolstanley said:
    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    Yeah, I don't get it. They're building a new stadium and not including a roof. And can't even host a Super Bowl.

    Who wants to go to a cold climate to see the Super Bowel? They held it in Detroit years ago, and there were a lot of complaints about why it wasn’t in Arizona, California or Florida. Buffalo in the winter is no picnic.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭

    @Alfonz24 said:
    This was the old Metrodome in Minneapolis. I believe they do not get the large snow totals that Buffalo gets with the lake effect snow. Which would also be heavier.

    JMO

    https://youtu.be/X_uscBJn0p0

    Metrodomes roof was technically just a tarp like Syracuse has. Its a cheaper alternative to the 100+ million a real roof or retractable roof costs, but it is very vulnerable to heavy snow weight and suffering tears

    Thankfully no one was inside when it happened

  • PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would have helped love Buffalo!!!

    Interest: Latin American history & coins with an emphasis on colonial coinage from Mexico & Peru

    Sports: NHL & NFL

    Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BillJones said:

    @Tabe said:

    @coolstanley said:
    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    Yeah, I don't get it. They're building a new stadium and not including a roof. And can't even host a Super Bowl.

    Who wants to go to a cold climate to see the Super Bowel? They held it in Detroit years ago, and there were a lot of complaints about why it wasn’t in Arizona, California or Florida. Buffalo in the winter is no picnic.

    Not like the game in Detroit had any trouble selling tickets. Or the one in New York where they played outdoors with no roof. Or Indy. Or Minnesota.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2024 4:09AM

    @Tabe said:

    @BillJones said:

    @Tabe said:

    @coolstanley said:
    I cant figure out why the Bills didnt want a indoor stadium like Detroit? Would've saved them from these kind of hassles.

    Yeah, I don't get it. They're building a new stadium and not including a roof. And can't even host a Super Bowl.

    Who wants to go to a cold climate to see the Super Bowel? They held it in Detroit years ago, and there were a lot of complaints about why it wasn’t in Arizona, California or Florida. Buffalo in the winter is no picnic.

    Not like the game in Detroit had any trouble selling tickets. Or the one in New York where they played outdoors with no roof. Or Indy. Or Minnesota.

    Right but it's not just the game itself, it's the hype surrounding the game and the local businesses in the area drawing people in for a couple days before the game, like the entire weekend.

    People would much prefer a weekend getaway in a warmer climate area than an ice age setting in the Midwest or Northeast

  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

    When is the NFL going to have the Superbowl played in Denver? :)

  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was just thinking to myself, "I remember 7 or 8 years ago when the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville, and they had to dock cruise ships to use for lodging because of the lack of hotel rooms, and fans that attended complained about the lack of peripheral entertainment..." Then I looked it up, and realized that it was actually nearly 20 freaking years ago! 2005! Holy crap, time flies!

  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

    They had over 100 people show up today. Bills said they don't need any more.


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @Tabe said:

    @BillJones said:

    @Tabe said:

    @coolstanley said:

    People would much prefer a weekend getaway in a warmer climate area than an ice age setting in the Midwest or Northeast

    A million people showed up in New York for New Years.

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

Sign In or Register to comment.