Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Kings Charles Coronation Card 1/5 parallel

**Hi **,
would like to understand the value of a card I own :
Topps Kings Charles Coronation Card 1/5 parallel , pictures attached, appreciate your help!

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2024 1:04PM

Probably need to sell it in the UK..... Is that a crease on the back?

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2024 3:26PM

The coronation was one of the most photographed events and that is the best picture Topps could get?

I think there are enough Royal fans here to drum up interest.

I wonder if he would sign it thru the mail?

Mike
  • Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    Probably need to sell it in the UK..... Is that a crease on the back?

no , no creases , card is mint .

• Options

@ndleo said:
    The coronation was one of the most photographed events and that is the best picture Topps could get?

is there a proper way to ask for the king sign ?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bnadir55 said:

@ndleo said:

is there a proper way to ask for the king sign ?

For a large enough check, the King would do anything, including bestow knighthood.

Just remember: the Magna Carta was signed so that people could govern themselves and, in return, that the Royals could keep their titles, lands and monies.

That is one of the greatest swindles in the history or signed contracts.

😁

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

Print run of that base card looks to be 932: https://uk.topps.com/pages/coronation-day-archive

That tells me one of 2 things: either no one cared and it’s not going to be worth much except among a small population of royal fans; or if this card gains in popularity for some reason, there’s not a lot out there to choose from so it could be valuable. I’d lean towards the first being most likely - so many of these Topps Now cards are low pop because of disinterest, and parallels don’t really garner a ton of scenarios where multiple people are bidding over them because they need the card.

Jim

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bnadir55 said:
    **Hi **,
    would like to understand the value of a card I own :
    Topps Kings Charles Coronation Card 1/5 parallel , pictures attached, appreciate your help!

Consign it to Goldin; let them grade it and auction it.

Cool card!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

No autograph? No memorabilia piece of any kind? Not your best one of five card :(

And the card is wrong...his reign started the moment QE2 died. The coronation is simply for ceremony/show. Same goes with a newly elected pope, as soon as he says he accepts and takes his papal name, his tenure/administration/whatever has begun (the inauguration again is is for ceremony/show). IOW, there is no such thing as a King/Queen-Elect or a Pope-Elect.

Say I don't suppose anyone did autograph cards of any British monarchs did they? Imagine what a George III or a Victoria one might go for!! Say wasn't there one of George Washington that included both his John Hancock and one of his hairs?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

Thank you for not showing any of his wife's cards.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please take a moment to notice my icon (1734 Crown from the Reign of George II) before reading my response-

There simply is no response

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

'Royalty'. Sooooo 1800's

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    Please take a moment to notice my icon (1734 Crown from the Reign of George II) before reading my response-

There simply is no response

Please take a moment to read this list of people who care about your icon:

• Options

@CW

Thanks for your interest in expressing that you have no interest in the icon I use. Collecting coins, coronation medals and other medals of historic merit for the UK and the Commonwealth Countries has a vibrant international following. The whole purpose of my post is to share the tradition what exists and is widely collected in connection with the British Monarchy beyond topps cards.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2024 9:37AM

@coinkat said:
    @CW

Thanks for your interest in expressing that you have no interest in the icon I use. Collecting coins, coronation medals and other medals of historic merit for the UK and the Commonwealth Countries has a vibrant international following. The whole purpose of my post is to share the tradition what exists and is widely collected in connection with the British Monarchy beyond topps cards.

Well I happen to think it sounds neat and I do have a decent collection of Canadian coins...with pennies going back to George VI, George V! Is it true that Victoria kept the same coin style all her life as opposed to QE2 who had at least 4-5 or so updates over the years? In any event God Save The Queen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-e5y3BkXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2c5QHtgFxY

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

1st off...nice win of a 1/5. I love the first and last of a serialized set. Glad it's something you like.

No offense made to anyone who respects rulers, or respects the spectacles believed to be rulers but are really just illusions of leaders when you realize Black Pope exists. Then you realize the Black Pope who resigned after only a few years reigning because of child and human sex trafficking crimes where he left the high position in the "crown" along with his 2 righthand leaders under him so he could go into hiding and prevent a trial. I'm not looking for a response, a debate, or any support. I'm sure this straddles forum rules but I like giving people food for thought and there's a whole lot of information and misinformation out there if you wanted to go down rabbit holes and educate yourself on all kinds of secret societies.

It's crazy to me that nobody has ever produced a satire series of Mafia cards with various political and religious leaders. I'm sure it would create a cult following.

To answer your question then having anything for comparison would help. Has any other 1/5 sold yet? Or other low numbered parallels?
    Did the original owner get this card randomly or did Topps offer this directly at a premium price? I'm assuming it was random and so there is no claim of saying it's ideally worth what it was paid for of $xxx.

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    @CW

While my post was a bit tongue in cheek, with some snark thrown in for good measure, I can see how it can come off as being a jerk. I apologize, and mean no ill will towards you, coin collectors, or those who get into coronation medals. I should have just refrained from posting that comment. Peace, CW

• Options

@CW

No need to apologize... I do collect topps baseball cards from 1952 to around 1960 and later for certain players... Not overly serious- but do enjoy the cards of players that had excellent careers but will never be in the HOF.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Topps NOW cards and this one is a keeper!

The odds of you getting a /5 was slim.

I took a quick look at ebay and didn't see a load of activity with this card; still a great card and congratulations.

@CW - hiya Chuck! You're definitely one of the good guys.

Mike