Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

[CLOSED] LordM CoinTalk Giveaway #108 (pick your prize)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2024 3:27AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

UPDATE: THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.

@cetinad won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enter on:

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/lordm-giveaway-108-pick-your-prize.409738/

Obviously, since the giveaway is hosted on another site, you'll need CoinTalk credentials to post an entry over there, but if you are unable to do so for whatever reason, you may post here and I will post an entry for you over there.

Just let me know what your prize selection is (either by posting on CoinTalk or here).

To pick your prize:

Here is a direct link to the prize gallery.

https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/21292/coins-giveaway-gallery

If you would prefer a more valuable prize, you may opt instead for a $50 discount voucher towards anything in my For Sale gallery. (Free US shipping included.) Obviously, if you chose this option, you would owe me any remaining balance left after your $50 discount is applied.

https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/10029/coins-for-sale

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please enter me for the MS-66 steel cent. Thank you. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options

@Ownerofawheatiehorde - you are entered. Good luck and Happy New Year! :)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

option 2 please.. thnx your holiness

• Options

@miles_long - you are entered.

• Options

Please enter me for the 1939 MS-66 Cent. Thanks!

• Options

@Extremeengineer - you are entered.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please include me in on this give-a-way.
    I would like the United States: 1957-D silver Franklin half dollar (PCGS MS64 FBL) if I should win.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings my lord, Your generosity is appreciated. The 96 Morgan is my huckleberry! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@WAYNEAS
    @Namvet69

Y’all are entered. Good luck!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please enter me sir.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@ajaan said:
    Please enter me sir.

For what prize?

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@ajaan said:
    Please enter me sir.

For what prize?

Oops!

Roman Empire: ca. 238-244 AD silver antoninianus of Gordian III, Hercules reverse

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@ajaan- you are entered.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Thank you for all the past giveaways. I would like the Roman Provincial example. It's nice

• Options

(Posted on the World Coin forum)

• Options

@syl
    @Bailathacl

Y’all are entered.

• Options
    coinboynyccoinboynyc Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

Please place an entry on my behalf. I'm interested in early dated coins so if I win I'd like the Hungary 1550-KB silver denar of Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor. Thanks!

Let's Go Mets!
  • Options

@coinboynyc - you are entered.

Good choice on the 1550 denar. I like early dated coins myself. Check out this 1495 Frankfurt goldgulden from my collection, with the funky medieval style “4” in the date. It was one of my best 2023 acquisitions.

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭

Could you kindly enter my name for the 1939 Wheat Penny, thank you for your time and generosity.

• Options

@Conshyboy - you are entered.

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2024 6:29PM

Could you please enter me for the '56 Large Cent? Thanks for the chance.

imageimage

• Options

@GaCoinGuy - you are entered.

• Options

Please enter me for 1856 copper Braided Hair large cent, slanted 5

• Options

@SilverAge3 - you are entered.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you could post an entry for me I would appreciate it.
    The 1859 seated quarter please. Thanks.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

Entry Post!!
    *Sorry if im a bit late!
    I would like to try to get the
    Judaea: ca. 103-76 BC bronze prutah of Alexander Jannaeus
    Thanks for holding this type of event; and goodluck to everyone!!

• Options

@gumby1234
    @cetinad

Y’all are entered.

• Options

Please enter me for United States: 1856 copper Braided Hair large cent, slanted 5 variety

Btw, i've tried signing up at Coin Talk many times over a course of days, and submitting sign up form greets me with server error every time. I've contacted them about it, never heard back.

• Options

@SilverAge3 - you are entered, and I reported your registration difficulties to the CoinTalk admins.

• Options
    SilverAge3SilverAge3 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited January 24, 2024 9:31PM

Thanks for reporting it. Here's my constant result trying to sign up there, fwiw. Contact form doesn't allow pics.

• Options

I’m a moderator over there, but the registration stuff is the domain of the admins.

• Options

@lordmarcovan said:
    @SilverAge3 - you are entered, and I reported your registration difficulties to the CoinTalk admins.

This opened up a can of worms, as it happens. According to the top admin over there, giveaways on CoinTalk are limited to CoinTalk members only. And no one, even a moderator like myself, is allowed to post contest entries on someone else’s behalf.

This is a rule I do not particularly agree with or understand the purpose of, but since I’m a moderator over there who was deputized to enforce the forum rules, I obviously must follow them myself.

This disqualifies all of the entries above. Bummer, since it was easier for me to do the drawings based on one list on CT, from the numbered posts.

Not to worry, though. All of you who were mentioned above, and anyone else who posts here by the end of the month, will still be entered in a separate drawing which I’ll do for CU forum members alone.

• Options
    Jim500Jim500 Posts: 37 ✭✭

Love each of the hard times tokens. Not my area of intrest but still love them. Thanks for posting

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@lordmarcovan said:

This opened up a can of worms, as it happens. According to the top admin over there, giveaways on CoinTalk are limited to CoinTalk members only. And no one, even a moderator like myself, is allowed to post contest entries on someone else’s behalf.

This is a rule I do not particularly agree with or understand the purpose of, but since I’m a moderator over there who was deputized to enforce the forum rules, I obviously must follow them myself.

This disqualifies all of the entries above. Bummer, since it was easier for me to do the drawings based on one list on CT, from the numbered posts.

Not to worry, though. All of you who were mentioned above, and anyone else who posts here by the end of the month, will still be entered in a separate drawing which I’ll do for CU forum members alone.

Understandable. I have no clue why I cannot join over there. I tried doing the recovery stuff over there and tried every email address I could think of ever using and it found none of them. I always get the error that was posted before.

imageimage

• Options

I did a random drawing for just the Collectors Universe folks, and it seems our single-post new member has won!

@cetinad said:
    Entry Post!!
    *Sorry if im a bit late!
    I would like to try to get the
    Judaea: ca. 103-76 BC bronze prutah of Alexander Jannaeus
    Thanks for holding this type of event; and goodluck to everyone!!

COINgratulations, @cetinad! You have won. I will need your shipping address. You may change your prize selection if you like (see the list), but if you're happy with your original selection- the ancient Judaean coin in the NGC slab- then that's what you'll get!

I shall message you shortly.

~RWS/"LM"

• Options

@lordmarcovan said:

@lordmarcovan said:

Did you ever find out what's going on with registering over there? I frequently still try to sign up using various browsers, always met with server error occurred, and no response from using contact form.