Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Numismatic Art. Show and tell

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many dealers have splendid coin related artwork hanging at their shops or offices

I know Witter in Ca has and Ian at GC as well. We love the art and I have a special piece being delivered at FUN

For today I’ll show off this beaut. Lady Liberty
one of 300. By Peter Max

What do you have hanging?

Let’s see

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

As an artist myself, I thank you for sharing your pieces. They are incredible! I would love to know the process of producing them

• Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:
    Many dealers have splendid coin related artwork hanging at their shops or offices

I know Witter in Ca has and Ian at GC as well. We love the art and I have a special piece being delivered at FUN

one of 300. By Peter Max

Let’s see

I recall that one as it was used on the cover of Kagin's 1983 ANA auction catalog:

• photos from the Newman Numismatic Portal:

https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/auctionlots?AucCoId=511063&AuctionId=518316

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    On my office wall.

REALLY cool! Where did you get them?

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    Do virtual wall hanging pictures count? I made these just for fun out of coin images from coins in my collection. The coins are real and the Christmas tree coin holder is real but everything else is virtual

Just beautiful Spud! Really love the Christmas tree.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Russell12 said:

@coinbuf said:
    On my office wall.

REALLY cool! Where did you get them?

He is a member here, posts under the handle LCS; last year at X-mas he was offering a fantastic special on his work. Turned out that he also had a few really nice Lincolns and I added a few of those coins to my collection at that time.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

one of 300. By Peter Max

Let’s see

I have bigfoot hanging on my wall. From floor to ceiling.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    On my office wall.

I should have bought the nickel picture last year! Still like it!

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Norman Rockwell collector is a great one. Tried up at their museum to get a numbered edition but no luck. The Andy Warhol Indian is another great set of you like buffalos Stop bye my table at Fun and I’ll show you the special new piece. Or I’ll post upon return!
    Happy holidays

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rockwell painting seems as Rockwell painted himself as the collector. There is a study for the painting without the dude in the suit.

It appears to be for sale:

https://www.illustratedgallery.com/artwork/original/3539/by-norman-rockwell/

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Mint.....not mine.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    The Rockwell painting seems as Rockwell painted himself as the collector. There is a study for the painting without the dude in the suit.

It appears to be for sale:

https://www.illustratedgallery.com/artwork/original/3539/by-norman-rockwell/

GREAT research! I changed the dates in my above post to reflect your more accurate information.

Thanks.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love looking at the rare California fractional gold coins handing in the living room

Easton Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file