Home Sports Talk
Options

All this was on the news about the Patriots, and figured I’d condense it into one thread.

stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this was on the news about the Patriots, and figured I’d condense it into one thread.

Patriots being congratulated for not allowing their total points on Sunday to go into the minus column.

Boston area TV repair shops are overwhelmed with requests to come out and fix broken TV screens.

Bill Belichick contemplating benching all the players, and instead letting the cheerleaders play in the next game.

Boston Globe classified ad: Quarterback wanted, no experience necessary.

Another Boston Globe classified ad: NFL football team for sale. One dollar, free shipping. Contact Robert Kraft for details.

Bill Belichick just updated his Linkedin resume.

Tom Brady seen today laughing uncontrollably for some reason.

Whoever said that piling on couldn’t be fun? 😉😉

Comments

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭

I stoped watching them when Brady was let go and billy boy kept.
    Colossal mistake !!
    Now I don't watch football at all and don't miss it.

• Options

Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team!

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options

@RiveraFamilyCollect said:
    Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team!

The Chiefs seem to be having an off year for them, at least thus far.

Dolphins certainly have a good chance of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Patriots being congratulated for not allowing their total points on Sunday to go into the minus column.

Boston area TV repair shops are overwhelmed with requests to come out and fix broken TV screens.

Bill Belichick contemplating benching all the players, and instead letting the cheerleaders play in the next game.

Another Boston Globe classified ad: NFL football team for sale. One dollar, free shipping. Contact Robert Kraft for details.

thank you for consolidating all of this important news into one place Steve. To point 3, attendence will definitely go up

point 4, I heard Joe Montana has been contacted. it should be an improvement, he is only 67. I think he has 5 more games left in the old arm

point 5, I have an offer of .40 in with Mr. Kraft. he and Jonathan are considering it currently

point 7, I heard that Tommy was rushed to the hospital last night with severe stomach cramps. some would say for unceasing laughter that extended for over 6 hours.

I believe we are currently at the number 2 pick with little kyler murray helping us out yesterday!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

thank you for consolidating all of this important news into one place Steve. To point 3, attendence will definitely go up

point 4, I heard Joe Montana has been contacted. it should be an improvement, he is only 67. I think he has 5 more games left in the old arm

point 5, I have an offer of .40 in with Mr. Kraft. he and Jonathan are considering it currently

point 7, I heard that Tommy was rushed to the hospital last night with severe stomach cramps. some would say for unceasing laughter that extended for over 6 hours.

I believe we are currently at the number 2 pick with little kyler murray helping us out yesterday!!

I realize by posting this thread, I may have been removed from perkdog's holiday greetings list, but it's a chance i had to take. 😎

• Options

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

I realize by posting this thread, I may have been removed from perkdog's holiday greetings list, but it's a chance i had to take. 😎

Some things are so important they are worth the risk

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sincerely ok with the kick the Patriots when they are down mentality, our 20 year reign of terror is over so enjoy

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a funny year in the NFL. I’ve seen strange things but I can’t remember some teams just being plan awful.
    I’ll never forget Mckays quote when his Bucs were 0-12 or something like that.
    A reporter ask about the teams execution.
    McKay responded
    “I’m all for it” 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    I'm sincerely ok with the kick the Patriots when they are down mentality, our 20 year reign of terror is over so enjoy

We had a good run!!!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Patriots problem is obviously with the Defense. L.A. could only put up six points. You would think with all the 3 and outs the Pats offense have, the defense would be on the field well more than half the game. In all that time they couldn't come up with just one pick six, a scoop and score or maybe only 4 safeties.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    The Patriots problem is obviously with the Defense. L.A. could only put up six points. You would think with all the 3 and outs the Pats offense have, the defense would be on the field well more than half the game. In all that time they couldn't come up with just one pick six, a scoop and score or maybe only 4 safeties.

Four safeties would have been the solution in that game. 😆

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you forgot that Sunday just before game time tickets were available for $5 each , that was pretty funny i think

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    you forgot that Sunday just before game time tickets were available for $5 each , that was pretty funny i think

Along with a $4.99 rebate. 😆

• Options

@perkdog said:

We had a good run!!!> @stevek said:

@Brick said:

Four safeties would have been the solution in that game. 😆

three safeties would have put us into overtime, then we could have fought for the tie!

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

Along with a $4.99 rebate. 😆

wait, I thought they were giving out $5 bills to get people in the turnstiles in hopes they would buy a couple of hot dogs during the "game"

• Options

hot dogs cost more than tickets now

• Options
    edited December 5, 2023 8:53AM

Let's see how funny it can get is my take on it.

I really hope they don't score another TD this season. That would be epically hilarious

I actually look forward to seeing Big Bill looking like a homeless person at the mic post-game explaining why they just can't score any points 😄😄😄

• Options

it would be pretty comical if they didnt get into the end zone again until next season.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    it would be pretty comical if they didnt get into the end zone again until next season.

Perhaps Belichick should provide his QB with a road map, so he might find his way to the end zone? 🤔

• Options

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

Perhaps Belichick should provide his QB with a road map, so he might find his way to the end zone? 🤔

nope, no one can even read a road map or atlas anymore. it would have to be gps coordinates so they wouldnt get lost :D

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure the NFL didn’t figure on the Patriots being one of the worst and clearly the dullest team in the league when they scheduled that Thursday Night game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    I’m sure the NFL didn’t figure on the Patriots being one of the worst and clearly the dullest team in the league when they scheduled that Thursday Night game.

i thought thursday was for bad games by design? ive never seen a good one on a thursday that wasnt turkey day

• Options
    edited December 6, 2023 6:55AM

Interesting this Thursday game. Patriots on the road versus the Steelers.

Steelers are -5.5 - I would have thought it would be around -8.5 or -9 the way the Patriots have been playing. That being said, I've seen this before, when a very bad NFL team has an awful game at home, they go on the road, away from the jeering home fans, and then actually play better football. My guess is that's what the bookies are thinking as well.

So I think the Patriots may play better on Thursday, perhaps better than expected, but that's not saying much. If the Patriots team and Belichick have any respect for each other left in them, I think they've got a chance at an upset here. If not an upset, a very close game.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek

it's because Pittsburgh lost Pickett last week and played like New England with Trubisky in

they got rolled up by the Cardinals

• Options

The worst two offenses in the league facing off. Could be a tie at 0 and finish at 0 after OT

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The worst two offenses in the league facing off. Could be a tie at 0 and finish at 0 after OT

Then would they do a coin flip to see who's the winner? 😁

They should have just done that at the start of the game. 😂

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    @stevek

it's because Pittsburgh lost Pickett last week and played like New England with Trubisky in

they got rolled up by the Cardinals

That makes sense.

I had just looked at the Steelers record of 7-5, and the fact that they are still in the playoff hunt, which in theory should give them good incentive to win this game.

But I'm gonna still stick with my call. Which ain't worth nothing more than a gob of warm spit, and I misspelled spit. 😆

• Options

@stevek said:

Steelers are -5.5 - I would have thought it would be around -8.5 or -9 the way the Patriots have been playing. That being said, I've seen this before, when a very bad NFL team has an awful game at home, they go on the road, away from the jeering home fans, and then actually play better football. My guess is that's what the bookies are thinking as well.

So I think the Patriots may play better on Thursday, perhaps better than expected, but that's not saying much. If the Patriots team and Belichick have any respect for each other left in them, I think they've got a chance at an upset here. If not an upset, a very close game.

stop talking this way Steve. i dont want to hear it!!

• Options

@craig44 said:

@stevek said:

stop talking this way Steve. i dont want to hear it!!

Hopefully the upcoming high draft pick QB will be a winner for ya. 😊

• Options

@stevek I hope so, but the draft is an inexact science at best. I still want the highest pick possible

• Options

@stevek said:

Steelers now at -5. The whales saw my pick and are jumping all over it.

😂

• Options

What did I tell ya? Patriots already score with a nice touchdown drive to start the game. Playing fast and loose, and relaxed being on the road.

Whether they can sustain this or not for the entire game, I have no idea?

I have no skin in the game, so however it goes, I really couldn't care less. But good luck to ya whichever way you went.

• Options

Why couldn't Mac have started...

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Why couldn't Mac have started...

Perhaps Mac was injured.

A broken eyelash or something?

• Options

did they show mac on the broadcast at all ? Was he the backup?
    What did the gadget guy do? I never saw him