Home Sports Talk
Options

The hardest thread I have ever posted....Rest in Peace @Thisistheshow

2»

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric's wife has set up a gofundme to help with the burial. She sent me a text that reads:

" Shawn, this is Eric's wife Chiara. We weren't prepared financially for this moment and the family has created a go fund me to help pay for Eric's funeral and burial expenses. If you can help notify the people he know about what happened I really appreciate it. Thank you so much"

I'm not sure if the CU rules allow me to include this as part of a post, but the link is in my profile for anyone who might want to help the family. I'm still sad and will be for a long time. Thanks to everyone who has replied. <3 A few have asked for his obituary. I think it is acceptable to post that in the thread and will do that once I receive. As of today, there is not one, I expect it will be released in the next few days.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco

PM sent

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure CU will step up and help.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear of his passing.
    Danny

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭

Very sad news. Rest in Peace. I always enjoyed hearing his thoughts.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was a great poster here on the sports forum , this very sad news .
    Afib is no joke , a friend of mine is struggling with it now as well. lots of issues with the meds they have him on , frequent up and down blood pressure spikes . trips to the hospital then being sent home with no clear path forward.

Metropol I think is the med my friend is on , many issues with getting the correct dose and whether its time release or quick acting , does it work fast enough or does it wear off suddenly and yet he can't take another dose as its too soon.
    Lots of resulting anxiety leading to more BP ups and downs :/

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my. I never post to these kind of threads, but Oh My. :'(