Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Naughty or nice giveaway CLOSED Winners announced

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 18, 2023 1:18PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

One entry per person. Shipping to US addresses only. Prize(s) yet to be determined. Winner(s) will be drawn sometime before Christmas 🎄.

To enter post here if you are on Santa's naughty list or his nice list and why along with a pic of the favorite coin that you own

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year all I got was coal…pretty sure naughty

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Santa at my house! So I'll go with Naughty for spending Christmas money on my collection, shhhhhh.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope I'm on the nice list cause I think I finished the wife's honey do list for the year! :D

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m on both lists, the naughty can’t exist without the nice and vica-versa and finding the right balance is a life long task. Like you can’t be nice to every living plant or animal on the planet indefinitely without starving to death and you can’t be naughty and kill and eat every living plant or animal on the planet without running out of food sort of thing.
    My favorite coin is the half dollar on the right on this AI assisted image, Merry Christmas 🎄

Mr_Spud

• Options

@Morgan13 thats a sweet 80S.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    edited December 2, 2023 10:33AM

@MrSpud those all look nice, but too small for me to see very well. The dollar looks very nice.

Edit also you have to choose naughty or nice. You've been one more than the other.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am definitely on the naughty list as I do a lot of snipe bidding on the auctions. >:)

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2023 11:05AM

@gumby1234 said:
    @MrSpud those all look nice, but too small for me to see very well. The dollar looks very nice.

Edit also you have to choose naughty or nice. You've been one more than the other.

Okay, then I’ll choose naughty because I overspent my budget again buying cool vintage numismatic stuff again 😉
    And here’s a larger image of my favorite coin that’s easier on the 👁️👁️

Mr_Spud

• Options

@MrSpud that's a super half dollar.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    I am definitely on the naughty list as I do a lot of snipe bidding on the auctions. >:)

Yep, add me to that list :/

How else would I be able to get these

Thanks for the chance

• Options

I hope on the nice list. I’m coaching 2/3rd grade and 4/5th grade basketball, so I’m hoping that gives me some brownie points.

Not a fancy coin, but one my grandparents gave me as a kid, so priceless in that respect.

• Options
    MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to think I'm on the nice list, but in reality, probably on the naughty.

This is currently my favorite, AU55

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Naughty Naughtier. Stole the picture from upstairs just to meet the "with a pic of the favorite coin that you own" then I woke up requirement.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 7:18PM

Probably naughty and nice. I'm kind of like the coffee creamer Half & Half. Some times I'm good & some times I'm not. I really like this 1852 Large Cent. I think what I like is that I was born in 1952 and I'm a SUCKER for coins that end in 52. 🎂

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP you have to choose naughty or nice. One must be 51%

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 7:37PM

Ok, I'll be nice Nice this year.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JWP said:
    Ok, I'll be nice Nice this year.

Too late :)

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

If you ask my students, I am naughty because I make them do work in the classroom AND at home (I'm such a Grinch). Not one of my favorites, but definitely one of the more interesting stories. The wife's grandfather used to work in a fastener factory and tried making, I assume some buttons or cufflinks.

imageimage

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

@Morgan13 said:
    I'm on the nice list. I haven't had one alcoholic drink all year. Coin collecting has really helped me with this. I sure do miss a cold beer but this is just how it has to be.
    Thanks for the chance Gumby!
    My favorite coin is right here.

WOW!!! Love that Morgan HIGH GRADE and PROOF LIKE....that would put me on the NAUGHTY LIST for being jealous........ :open_mouth:

TC71

• Options
    Abramthegreat101Abramthegreat101 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2023 10:19AM

I would say that I've tried to be on the nice list, but I'm not perfect. So I will go with nice.
    I don't have a favorite coin, but this is one that I enjoy having in my collection.
    Thanks @gumby1234 for the giveaway!

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2023 3:28PM

I guess I’m on the nice list, though my favorite coin changes about every month. :D

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2023 6:08PM

Hopefully nice list, I drive 4hrs. Round trip every Monday to take care of anything my father in law needs done as he is terminally ill his 2 sons live out of the state and he is the one who got me into coins luv that dude

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am unique and imperfect. Santa knows. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

****> @Namvet69 said:

I am unique and imperfect. Santa knows. Peace Roy

I guess thats the naughty list.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2023 7:03PM

I've been nice.

Favorite coin? I don't have a single favorite, so here's my favorite US coin from this year (which also happens to be the most expensive coin I own):

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2023 1:18PM

An NGC MS63 1934 Buffalo nickel

Or a Marshall Islands Space Shuttle Discovery commemorative coin.

• Options

Awesome! Thank you Gumby!
    I’ll be quite happy with either one.

Merry Christmas!

• Options

@Coinscratch you are very welcome and Merry Christmas.

• Options

Congrats to the winners, and thank you gumby1234 for the chance
    Happy Holidays too all

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2023 7:49PM

Nice. The giveaway, I mean. Good on you, @gumby1234 .

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@gumby1234 Thank You! I never win, so I was ecstatic to just see I’d been chosen. I would love the Buffalo Nickel. Your generosity is very appreciated, thank you so much, happy holidays to all who participated and all who are a part of this great forum.

• Options

Ok @Coinscratch I will need you to PM me your mailing info please.

@Extremeengineer and everyone else on the forum HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to @Coinscratch and special thanks to @gumby1234 for such a generous give-away.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

Coingrats to the winners!

imageimage

• Options

Santa arrived today and what a cool coin he brought. I couldn't show the luster as well shooting thru the pack.
    A very cool addition - Thanks again.

• Options

@Coinscratch I am glad it arrived safely and that you like it.

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

If you've never seen the launch for a moon landing. FANTASTIC

Dan
  • Options
    OwlxOwlx Posts: 261 ✭✭