Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone Else Having Issues With Posting/Uploading Images and PMs?

FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever reason, I can't seem to be able to upload any kind of image to the forums in the last few days. PMs with or without images take well over a minute to post, where in the past it was almost instant.

I did try with my cell phone when I was off of wifi, and had the same result, which makes me think it may be the forum.

Anyone else having these problems?

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just now had an image that failed to upload, but I tried again and it worked.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just posted one about an hour ago It seems to be working normally. What are you using to post images, computer, phone, notebook, etc? I sometimes have problem posting photos using a URL with an iPad, but copy and paste works. Different devices may get different (or no) results.

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2023 4:40PM

Our friend Mazer can help test. ;)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did posting but has cleared up the last day or so

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 1:18AM

For 2-3 weeks, I kept getting the, 'Oops, something went wrong, try again later' page while attempting to view other's Registry sets. Finally decided to log into PCGS to see if it would matter. I was then directed to change my password, adding a capital letter and a symbol (cheesh!) And then I remembered, l'm unable to view other's sets while logged in, to only be able to play with my Registry set which I didn't want to....(not that I don't have any coins to add). So...I went ahead and logged out. And guess what.....I was able to see a few Registry sets! 🙄
    But no, I've had no trouble uploading three coin photos of late.
    Make that 4 for 4!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday and today I had trouble posting messages with links in them.

Today I am having trouble posting this simple message with no link.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the responses all. Yesterday I consistently had a message pop up from Vanilla Forums that the gateway timed out, so it doesn't like my connection for whatever reason. That is probably the problem.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

No posting issues for me. I have never loaded pics. I probably should learn as have a few items of interest to show. Do not do many PM's, but the ones I have sent/received have always gone through w/o concerns.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@leothelyon said:
    For 2-3 weeks, ........ And then I remembered, l'm unable to view other's sets while logged in, to only be able to play with my > Registry set which I didn't want to....(not that I don't have any coins to add).
    Leo

Hello, I think you should be able to view other sets when logged in but it is not so easy to get to. Since you mentioned having registry sets here is one way to get to the other sets (at least for me).

When on the pcgs home page and selecting Set Registry it goes to your Set Dashboard, then click Sets and it shows your sets. Or any other method you have to get to your sets.

Don't select one of your set but rather the Category or Set Composite of one of your sets - Morgan Dollar Basic Set (or similar).

This should bring up the Set Registry page with the other sets in that category.

In the upper left corner there should be some blue text (links) to go to the upper level sets. In this case 'Dollar' and 'US Coins'. Those should take you to the other categories and sets similar to when logged out.

Some other stuff is similar as the system assumes to go to your stuff when logged in but sometimes can work around it.
    No problems posting pictures. However, a couple days ago on the phone cert verification it kept telling me unable to connect on a good cert number. The phone worked on other stuff so it was not the phone wifi / mobile data. On the PC the cert verification took 10 seconds or so and usually about 1 second but it did connect. They are both working normally today.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting notification from threads I haven't even bookmarked!! Jeeezzzz! 😖 😫 👎🏻

This board/forum has so much activity, it might be overheating!! ;)

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl said:
    Thanks for the responses all. Yesterday I consistently had a message pop up from Vanilla Forums that the gateway timed out, so it doesn't like my connection for whatever reason. That is probably the problem.

Getting the same thing here
    When I reply to a thread it takes time for the post comment tab is live, then after a while it becomes live and it posts
    After it posts if I go back to look it has it in the post box again..................... :/

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

right now when trying to upload a photo it goes slow then times out

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilolme said:

@leothelyon said:
    For 2-3 weeks, ........ And then I remembered, l'm unable to view other's sets while logged in, to only be able to play with my > Registry set which I didn't want to....(not that I don't have any coins to add).
    Leo

Hello, I think you should be able to view other sets when logged in but it is not so easy to get to. Since you mentioned having registry sets here is one way to get to the other sets (at least for me).

When on the pcgs home page and selecting Set Registry it goes to your Set Dashboard, then click Sets and it shows your sets. Or any other method you have to get to your sets.

Don't select one of your set but rather the Category or Set Composite of one of your sets - Morgan Dollar Basic Set (or similar).

It worked! Thanks

Leo 🙂

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@leothelyon said:

@lilolme said:

@leothelyon said:
    Leo

It worked! Thanks

Leo 🙂

Good deal. Also, I have not tested this recently as sometimes things change with time, but used to be able to bookmark pages when not logged in and then when logged in would go to those pages. I am assuming no redirects with system "upgrades" and things.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file