I created Numi: The World's Most Powerful Coin Grading and Identification AI, powered by ChatGPT4.
Ever since Compugrade tried [and failed] to use Artificial Intelligence back in 1991, coin collectors have wondered if we could use AI to accurately grade and identify coins. So I thought I would give my hand a try!
I created Numi, a fine-tuned version of ChatGPT4 specifically made to provide objective grading estimates and coin identification. [Works on both mobile and desktop] [FYI you will need to have a ChatGPT account]
You can upload up to 10 photos of a coin and the AI will run a combined analysis. Below are some info you will get back details such as:
- Short Description
- Coin Type
- Mint Mark
- Estimated Grade
What's cool is that you can continue the conversation with the AI to learn more about your coin.
- Want to know who designed the coin?
- Want to know why a certain symbol was used?
- Just follow up and ask!
- This is an alpha build!
- I recommend you use wifi as uploading images will be faster
- OpenAI's servers are under heavy load lately, so responses may be currently slower
- The model isn't perfect, but it is quickly improving
Features Under Consideration
- eBay integration to see recent sold prices based on the estimated grade
This app is in the alpha stage. I made this app because I wanted to help the coin community out. I know a lot of people are looking for help with identifying and grading coins.
Looking for feedback and thoughts. Have fun finding ways to break it!