Home U.S. Coin Forum

New favorite Civil War Token

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just graded by PCGS as MS63 - Looks a whole lot better than that! But it is the only silver one I know of for this issue. Copper and Brass are even rare but silver almost unheard of!!!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking Token Congrats.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two dates even.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill, Thanks for info! Great history and I love the die!!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Two dates even.

"1864" refers to when the piece was issued. "1863" refers to the founding date of the Union League, which still has a location in center City Philadelphia.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice token and history lesson !

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file