Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Does it bother anyone that the new IMEX Show will run concurrently with the USMEX Convention?

AngryDragonAngryDragon Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
edited October 12, 2023 6:10PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Seems like a slap in the face to the USMEX organizers.

Tagged:

Comments

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure they had no idea that USMEX was even "a thing" when they scheduled their show. But yeah, it bothers me. I'll attend USMEX, but would have also attended IMEX if there were no conflict.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also against the South Carolina state show and the Manchester, NH regional show.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1085664/imex

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2023 6:15AM

were is the USMEX show?- nevermind looks as if it is in Scottsdale, AZ

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the response i got from Ellsworth:

We did not have the dates of this years show till after we booked the 100,000 Sq. Ft space for the MCC.

We will keep next years Scottsdale show in mind when we book.

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭

Conflicts happens sometimes. Pick your show and go. Hopefully next year will be better.

• AngryDragonAngryDragon Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Glad to see some good coming from this.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would if I was rich enough to attend shows. But living outside of the USA and the current rate of exchange I will most likely never be able to....maybe once in my life fingers crossed.

• neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

It bothers me. From what I can tell, USMEX is a top 5 world coin show in the US. It seems like naivete or ignorance to schedule a new one right on top of it. Both shows can suffer as a result, which doesn't seem good for anyone.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    It would if I was rich enough to attend shows. But living outside of the USA and the current rate of exchange I will most likely never be able to....maybe once in my life fingers crossed.

Personally, I would (and have) prioritize attending USMex to buying a coin. Talking with like-minded collectors and dealers is worth it for me. Oh, and you can get a flight and airbnb from Toronto or Montreal to Phoenix with a 2 night stay in Carefree for roughly $700 Canadian.

edited October 15, 2023 12:42PM

@TwoKopeiki said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

Personally, I would (and have) prioritize attending USMex to buying a coin. Talking with like-minded collectors and dealers is worth it for me. Oh, and you can get a flight and airbnb from Toronto or Montreal to Phoenix with a 2 night stay in Carefree for roughly $700 Canadian.

I thought it was much more than 700$ Canadian (I had figured easily 3000$ or more). So yes I may attend a few in my life if that is the cost. Like you said been around fellow collectors/dealers is a good thing. Thanks for letting me know I do appreciate it.

With the mortgage rates so high and my home costing more it will be a few more years before I can attend.

edited October 17, 2023 2:29PM

Peace be with you Pruebas laugh all you want I shake your hand in peace I will not fall for your ways. Everyone here are good people so we bunted heads me and you a few times big deal lets move on like grown men. If you chose not to I will just ignore your comments and laughter and enjoy this website but I truly hope you are man enough to let the past be in the past.