galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll take things i didn't see coming for 100$

this is huge

an inordinate amount of trash talk going down on my fb feed already

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither did I.

What do you say...it's not my team, I'm just a transplant, but I do live roughly 30 minutes from the GiLF (Globe Life Field)...

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

i'm down

i already have yours picked out

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

i'm down

i already have yours picked out

no need, I already have yours. just keep it in your back pocket, for the next Bears Patriots SB.

all i'm gonna say is that i really hope the Astros win

@galaxy27 said:
    all i'm gonna say is that i really hope the Astros win

ditto, but replace Astros with Rangers

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm going to the World Series. Well via the Stros or Rangers that is. Back in late July and early August I placed my bets. $5 each on Houston,Rangers,Giants,Braves to win playoffs. And same 4 teams @$5 each to win series. Giants were never in it at end. Rangers or Stros will be eliminated but the other goes to the big dance. My lone NL hope is the Braves. Does not look good for them. But am happy to get into the series.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2023 6:36AM

I am starting to view the Astros the same way as I view the Yankees. :#

They were one of the last expansion teams to win it all. Now they are getting tiresome.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I realized when I made the above avatar bet that I was betting on the underdog. But you just never know. There is baseball fever here in Dallas/Fort Worth, as I am sure there is in the Houston area.

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Going to be a great series. May the best team win.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

Rangers have a decision to make. Scherzer is saying hes ready to go again and rosters are due soon

Missouri 14 OSU 3

One down.

I really want to win this avatar bet.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have a dog in this race, but I sure am curious to see the losers new avatar!!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

the Rangers are impregnable right now

(word of the day)

Rangers up 2-0 for the series. Things are heating up. 🥵

Id rather see the Rangers win, but if I was the one with Houston for the bet I would be mentioning non stop how the Rangers are undefeated in the playoffs trying to jinx them

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rangers are super hot at the right time

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

🥵

👎👎🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

@thisistheshow said:

👎👎🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

u nervous homie?

av bet terms: 2 weeks

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

👎👎🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

u nervous homie?

av bet terms: 2 weeks

Yes, I'm nervous. I was nervous one second after I suggested it.

Before the series, every single local sports radio guy picked Houston. Not a good sign.

Just now on the radio they are talking about how tickets have all gone 50% off for today a the crowd is expected to be at least 40% Astros fans. 🤷

Astros are great on the road. Obviously the Rangers need to win today.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

Teams that have these all bullpen games are in bad shape against a great offense. Plus the Cuban Babe Ruth is just simply ridiculous. He gets a hit or a HR and when he makes an out it's a 410 feet flyout. Just absolutely dangerous. He is locked in and a HR on any given AB. WOW.

I want you to know, @galaxy27, that I only initiated this bet to make you happy. I truly hope you are entertained. I mean that. You're welcome.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Altuve: The shot heard around Texas!

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

I copied my comment from the Harper/Reggie thread, because it applies to Jose Altuve, as well:

Some players just have that dog in them. That clutch gene. That will to win. Something immeasurable, but you know it when you see it. Heart.

And as obvious as it is when guys have "it", it's even more glaringly obvious when guys don't.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

And just like that - Houston up in the series 3-2 and has the momentum to be steaming towards the World Series. That's too bad - I was hoping Texas could pull it off.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• @4for4 said:
    Going to be a great series. May the best team win.

Unfortunately the best teams have already been eliminated.
    I hate this playoff system. The entire season comes down to
    which semi-successful teams gets hot in October.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home teams in this playoff series have lost all the games. Wonder what the odds are for that to happen over 7 games.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Home teams in this playoff series have lost all the games. Wonder what the odds are for that to happen over 7 games.

astronomical i'm sure

every single game has consisted of 10s of thousands of fans going home unhappy

a surreal series

Texas drops a 4 spot on the Astros for an 8-2 lead in the 4th. Looking good so far.......

Texas up 11-3 in the 8th. Looks like the home teams will not win a game this series.

un-
    believable

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, overall that was a very boring series besides the one game. Every game (like basically every game in this playoffs in general) was just a team scoring early and never giving the lead back. Almost every game in the entire playoffs has just been whoever leads at the end of the 3rd inning wins the game

I am glad we wont have a rematch of last year in the WS, but these playoffs have been pretty boring overall

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

YEA!

Houston lost! They have been getting too much like the Yankees for me.

On the other side, what’s happened to the Washington Capitals? When they moved to Washington, they were contenders. Now they look like the old Washington Senators. “First in war, first in peace, last in the American (National) League.” It must be something in the water.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?