Home Sports Talk

The official 2023 Baltimore Orioles playoff thread.

DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

And that’s a wrap.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

the quickest thread ever. a record!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭

Not an Orioles fan but I would say they had a great season. Just a very bad finish.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    the quickest thread ever. a record!

I think some of @galaxy27's Bears season threads have been rather diminutive, but I can't say for sure. Lol

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tak about a "Swifty" :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but they are a young inexperienced team. None of them has playoff experience. I think the Orioles will learn from this and be around for a long time. I also think the time off really hurt their momentum

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

Baseball is the one sport where getting a bye is actually a disadvantage. The AL East did go 0-7 as a whole in the playoffs though which is incredibly hard to do in baseball. There were just simply better teams elsewhere. The Os are in a much better spot than before though especially with the Yankees and Red Sox in bad spots

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a rap on an amazing season... no one expected the O's to win 100 games. And the fact that they did and won the AL East is a tough act to follow.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the Orioles and their fans. A couple of seasons ago, they were last in the tough Eastern Division and had been so for a few years. They beat out a Rays team which had a terrific beginning of the season. Unfortunately a great regular season doesn’t seem to translate into a good post season. Just ask the Dodgers and especially the Braves.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

After lots of years of losing (and good draft picks as a result), dem O's of Baltimore had a great regular-season record. But now, dem Cheap-O's will have a "fire sale" and get rid of their young stars before they have to pay them big bucks. [I lived in Baltimore for 25 years.] Dem O's are a reflection of their horrible city, among the worst cities to live in the entire country.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately for Os fans that is very true. The kids have already said they arent going to pay everyone so they really have a 3 to 4 year window unless they change their mind or the team gets sold. I havent checked in a while but I believe the Os still owe the Nats 100s of millions from the MASN lawsuits and that could really blow up the team quickly. Best thing Os fans can do is just enjoy it while it lasts and they should be in a similar spot next year

Missouri 14 OSU 3