Home Sports Talk
Options

Will Dak be the Cowboys QB next season?

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was listening to sportstalk on the radio and they mentioned that Dak will have a $60MM cap hit next season. Will the Boys keep him, trade him or cut him?

at his current level of production, I cannot see Jerry keeping him around at that number.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak is like Curt Cousins. He looks good to some on the outside, but, in reality, he’s only good enough to tease you. He won’t take your team to the promised land.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Dak Prescott is overrated, Jerry should get rid of him, he's just not what we're looking for.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 9:26AM

maybe the most overrated player in the entire league, as i said last night. he's not a leader, he can't strap a team on his back, when the ship starts sinking he's prepared to drown too

Brock Purdy taught him a lesson on how to play quarterback last night

i predict Trey Lance will be the starter (or at least have the shot to be) at some point in the not-too-distant future

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    maybe the most overrated player in the entire league, as i said last night. he's not a leader, he can't strap a team on his back, when the ship starts sinking he's prepared to drown too

i predict Trey Lance will be the starter (or at least have the shot to be) at some point in the not-too-distant future

@galaxy27 said:

Trey Lance has no shot of ever being an NFL QB. Unfortunately there are only so many Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen’s or Joe Burrow available. Dak is and always will be like a girlfriend that’s a 6. You look around the room and only see 6’s or 5’s available. So you’re stuck until another one moves into the neighborhood.
    But if it’s true his cap hit next year is $60M you might want to date a less high maintenance girlfriend next year

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

wouldnt that be wild!! give Trey a chance!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is more of a chance of Belichick not coaching the Patriots next season than there is of Dak not being the Cowboys QB next season.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

There is more of a chance of Belichick not coaching the Patriots next season than there is of Dak not being the Cowboys QB next season.

because JJ is as stubborn as a mule. when he thinks he's right, he's willing to die a slow death with his choice. and that's exactly what he's doing with Dak. he is not the guy and never will be. i've been saying it for years. the eye test has told me everything i needed to know. when faced with adversity, he wilts like a flower in the Texas heat. when it's incumbent upon him to make plays and earn his millions, he starts making errant throws and completing passes to the other team.

when Dallas got down against Arizona it never had the feel of, "yeah but Dak will save the day." never did I sense that. the only sense i had was that they were about to get embarrassed by a team that may not win one or two more games the rest of the season.

then when they got down against SF last night it never had the feel of, "yeah but Dak will step up." never. it's laughable. it had the feel of, "how many are they gonna lose by?"

go ahead Jerry, start him next year. and the year after that. and the year after that. hope you plan on living to be 100 if you want a shot at a championship.

• Options
    edited October 9, 2023 11:36AM

one other thing. thru 5 weeks Philly does not look like the same team that went to the Super Bowl last season, yet they have an unblemished record.

know why?

because they dont have a poser playing quarterback like the Dallas Cowboys do. Hurts is a bonafide winner who has the ability to will his team to victory, even when the Eagles don't have their A, B+, B or even B- game. not in Dak Prescott's wettest of dreams does he possess such traits. when the Cowboys dont show up, he's the one waving the white flag.

and that's why Dallas will once again be looking up at Philadelphia in the standings come season's end.

• Options

Galaxy's holding court up in here today, I like it. I apologize for the judge gavel gif, it's the best I could do on such short notice.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

After last night's debacle the defense could use an infusion as well. But then again if the offense was reliable, the defense would not have been out there so long.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Donte Whitner really let Dak have it last night after the game, said Dak sucks, check out the video.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Donte Whitner really let Dak have it last night after the game, said Dak sucks, check out the video.

Ex players need to be able to be honest about current players if they want to succeed in media. However, part of that, and part of the code, is to do it in a different way than seen in this clip.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Galaxy's holding court up in here today, I like it. I apologize for the judge gavel gif, it's the best I could do on such short notice.

i'm sure this is your preferred gavel gif

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no, no - We must all contact Jerry Jones and convince him to stick with Dak, for at least 10 more years, 20 would be better.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    No, no, no - We must all contact Jerry Jones and convince him to stick with Dak, for at least 10 more years, 20 would be better.

Don't worry Steve he will. Jerry has been selling us Cowboys fans snake oil for years, he won't split with Dak, if anything, he will extend him. Jerry has too big of an ego to concede defeat when it comes to Dak. He has a Texas sized ego, he couldn't take it when Jimmy Johnson was being so successful here that he had to end it. I will be a Cowboys fan till I die but in the same breath I will also say Jerry is by far the worst owner in the league. Now he has his puppet yes man McCarthy who has no control over this team, no discipline whatsoever. If we have a game with under 10 penalties it's a small miracle. Last night was not surprising to me, Jerrys latest version of snake oil was exposed for what it is, a fraud.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Ex players need to be able to be honest about current players if they want to succeed in media. However, part of that, and part of the code, is to do it in a different way than seen in this clip.

I like Dak as a person, good kid, I feel bad for him. He needs to listen to his critics, let that fuel him, drive him to become better, add the missing dimensions to his game, but I strongly doubt he will.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I like Dak as a person, good kid, I feel bad for him. He needs to listen to his critics, let that fuel him, drive him to become better, add the missing dimensions to his game, but I strongly doubt he will.

And $60M isn’t enough incentive?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.