Home Sports Talk

Is this the year of the 49ers ? Will they equal the 72 Dolphins unbeaten season and playoffs ?

4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

🤔

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Is this the year of the 49ers ? Will they equal the 72 Dolphins unbeaten season and playoffs ?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the 49ers or the Eagles will run the table, all it takes is one off-game or God forbid an injury and it's a long season.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why aren't the Eagles mentioned in your headline?

I plan on filing a formal complaint.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - they are an incredible machine

This 49'ers team Defense will probably be remembered like the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens

They are ELITE

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Why aren't the Eagles mentioned in your headline?

I plan on filing a formal complaint.

Sadly what they did against the western part of PA will happen to the eastern part as well.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

@perkdog said:
    This 49'ers team Defense will probably be remembered like the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens

They are ELITE

Any idea where their team salary ranks ? Usually teams keep just a few stars and the rest are disposable.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

they sure look like a machine right now

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@4for4 said:

@perkdog said:

They are ELITE

Any idea where their team salary ranks ? Usually teams keep just a few stars and the rest are disposable.

Not sure, I don't follow them but looking at the performance of these guys it's a pretty good formula they got going.

The NFC Championship game last year probably still haunts them so I expect them to stay motivated

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 11:33AM
    The Eagles will ruin their dream

My vote was simply a hope for the Eagles.

Having watched the great run the Patriots had in 2007, I can tell you that 17 games is a long season. You get injured and sometimes you get burnout. The Patriots went 16-0 and won all of the play-off games up to the Super Bowl.

The 2007 Patriots had a harder schedule than Miami did in 1972 by far. To me, their record was more impressive than '72 Dauphins who had an easy regular season schedule. The Dauphins had a 14 game schedule. Eight of those games were played against the teams in their division which was very weak. Only one of those four teams, the Jets, had a .500 won-loss record. The rest were under .500.

You could tell that the Patriots were running out of gas at the regular season Giants game. It caught up with them at the end.

Yes, San Francisco is powerful, but they are only 5-0. There are 12 more games to go plus the play-offs. It's too early to call them the greatest.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like 15-2 is realistic. Purdy will have an off day or CMC gets banged up, etc. Right now, though, SF is a very, very complete team with loads of talent everywhere.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

SF has a preposterous amount of talent on offense. It is generally better to lose a game to get woken up again, but if they can stay motivated they have a shot of running of the table

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid little attention to their schedule. Can I change my vote? No way they come out of Cleveland with a W.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

they sure look like a machine right now> @BillJones said:

My vote was simply a hope for the Eagles.

Having watched the great run the Patriots had in 2007, I can tell you that 17 games is a long season. You get injured and sometimes you get burnout. The Patriots went 16-0 and won all of the play-off games up to the Super Bowl.

The 2007 Patriots had a harder schedule than Miami did in 1972 by far. To me, their record was more impressive than '72 Dauphins who had an easy regular season schedule. The Dauphins had a 14 game schedule. Eight of those games were played against the teams in their division which was very weak. Only one of those four teams, the Jets, had a .500 won-loss record. The rest were under .500.

You could tell that the Patriots were running out of gas at the regular season Giants game. It caught up with them at the end.

Yes, San Francisco is powerful, but they are only 5-0. There are 12 more games to go plus the play-offs. It's too early to call them the greatest.

It is stressful to continue streaks. be it undefeated streaks, hit streaks etc. It takes a lot out of players. I also think the fear of it ending is a real thing, causing players to play tight.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭

Should have waited til three quarters of the season . People are posting this stuff after 2 - 3 games into the season.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebodey say "UNBEATEN" ??? :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

they snatched defeat from the clutches of victory

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

The question changes to - Will the Eagles run the table and become the first unbeaten team since the Dolphins?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Eagles will ruin their dream

@Brick said:
    The question changes to - Will the Eagles run the table and become the first unbeaten team since the Dolphins?

I am an Eagles’ fan, but I doubt it. So far, they have been less impressive than they were last year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@Brick said:

I am an Eagles’ fan, but I doubt it. So far, they have been less impressive than they were last year.

they still have a great roster. they could put it all together and go on a big time run

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess not and it wasn’t the Eagles or Patriots. Thus ending the unbeatens in 2023

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's best not to go undefeated.

@Maywood said:
    BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p

Don’t you just love it when alts show up in a thread. 😂

Forum members on ignore
    daltex