Comments

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, is Slick back?

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    OMG, is Slick back?

Probably. That’s why I said I think I’ve seen these exact pics here before.

• Options

"wont be gone im a platinum member but thanks for your confidence and your Opinion".

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2023 11:12AM

the i think i have something worth huge $$$ route, yeah seen many like this thinking they have something and yet they have nothing,but what did one expect from people who think this hobby is easy money and whatever they find could be that one coin that makes them huge $$$

Coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i3Hq4WazXaWPmvH78

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silverpop said:
    the i think i have something worth huge $$$ route, yeah seen many like this thinking they have something and yet they have nothing,but what did one expect from people who think this hobby is easy money and whatever they find could be that one coin that makes them huge $$$

I don’t take it as a given that such posters really think they have anything of value. Some of them post just for kicks.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:
    OMG, is Slick back?

Slick doesn’t leave.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

corrosion induced errors

• Options

I apologize for my response, but I am not unstable, and will send it in. and post what they tell me . I posted with the thought of someadvice on how to see date better or if anyone could give advice. but only a few did that, others just disrespectfully made rude comments . I am a platuim member and wished to be a part of this community and share interesting pieces I find. I am not a coin roll junkie . I find my coins in pocket change and old vehicles. but I probably will not share my finds on here for advice or input as the response was completely negative and rude. Thank youi all for your timecomments and suggestions..

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@xBECCA001 said:
    I apologize for my response, but I am not unstable, and will send it in. and post what they tell me . I posted with the thought of someadvice on how to see date better or if anyone could give advice. but only a few did that, others just disrespectfully made rude comments . I am a platuim member and wished to be a part of this community and share interesting pieces I find. I am not a coin roll junkie . I find my coins in pocket change and old vehicles. but I probably will not share my finds on here for advice or input as the response was completely negative and rude. Thank youi all for your timecomments and suggestions..

Remember that you have to pay for shipping and insurance both ways, so the more coins you send in at once, the more money you save. ;)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2023 6:03AM

I regret that my posts added to your displeasure. It is not a good way to nurture new posters into the fold.
    Stick around and see how things work, you will understand why folk responded to you in the way that they did.
    You were not the first to make it personal nor am I angry that you called me “novice.”

Should you decide to stick around:

Write a title for your thread that does not look so poor. I judged this thread a a joke when I saw the condition of the text.
    Get an image for your avatar. Few here that use default avatars earn respect. (When you log in today your default avatar will look funny. Don’t panic— a few of us have been there.)

Your post resembles the style of writing, question, photos that resemble those of a troll with an alt. While you are in the cryptopokey read how to avoid making yourself a target for ribbing.

When they free you, announce your parole with an I paid my debt giveaway drawing. Check out the fun threads as you get familiar with the forum.

Go to the other grading company forum and see if your thread receives the same ridicule, not all of the members there are novices.

Don’t give up.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    I regret that my posts added to your displeasure. It is not a good way to nurture new posters into the fold.
    Stick around and see how things work, you will understand why folk responded to you in the way that they did.
    You were not the first to make it personal nor am I angry that you called me “novice.”

Should you decide to stick around:

Write a title for your thread that does not look so poor. I judged this thread a a joke when I saw the condition of the text.
    Get an image for your avatar. Few here that use default avatars earn respect. (When you log in today your default avatar will look funny. Don’t panic— a few of us have been there.)

Your post resembles the style of writing, question, photos that resemble those of a troll with an alt. While you are in the cryptopokey read how to avoid making yourself a target for ribbing.

When they free you, announce your parole with an I paid my debt giveaway drawing. Check out the fun threads as you get familiar with the forum.

Go to the other grading company forum and see if your thread receives the same ridicule, not all of the members there are novices.

Don’t give up.

What makes you say they are in the cryptopokey?

• Options

@jmlanzaf quizzed:

What makes you say they are in the cryptopokey?

Not yet, anyhow. It’s early on the West Coast yet. OP’s characterization summoned an algorithmic response; the human response is forthcoming?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did I open this thread ????

Anyway, congrats to the OP on this wonderful example.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

If you want to loose money send. What you has it is a round pice of metal. I doubt you can excenge on a store.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I’m gonna be the counterpoint. I think what we’re dealing with here is a matter of statistics. This obviously 194x coin has at least a non-zero possibility that it is indeed a 1943 made of copper. And if the owner believes it, then that’s all that matters.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pareidolia :)

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed this the first time around but it's one of my all time favorite threads now.

• Options

@renomedphys said:
    Okay, I’m gonna be the counterpoint. I think what we’re dealing with here is a matter of statistics. This obviously 194x coin has at least a non-zero possibility that it is indeed a 1943 made of copper. And if the owner believes it, then that’s all that matters.

Tell your wife that the only thing that matters is that you believed you were single when you hooked up with her best friend. I'm sure she'll agree.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the name of your Etsy store?

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    It's hard to tell what going on with that coin. We need a few more pics.

Maybe a bunch more.

Vplite99
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it April 1st already?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

And where is slick when we need him...

• Options

Sell it for copper scrap...

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    That was a horrible disservice to the coin community. Should have left it in the junker and let it die.

bob :)
    vegas baby!

no no. Take it to the park and bury it in the ground for a metal detectorist to find.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

So have any threads like this ever actually had the OP post their results of their submission to PCGS?

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad the OP started with this thread. Finding coins in old cars is fascinating. I prowled junkyards in the early ‘70s and found pockets full of coins, a great deal of it silver. Occasionally a roll of dimes and quarters would be found in the glove compartment, emergency gas money I suppose. As to the 1943 copper cent, remember the discovery piece itself has a deep scratch on it, as its finder didn’t have a message board to confirm or deny….he just had a penknife. Anyhow the guy has been sufficiently numiswhipped here, no real need to continue.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now if it were Pristen, of course, no issue.
    Maybe used, but not abused.
    Was this the only coin found when you picked the car up, sry, picked through the car?

• Options

@jeffas1974 said:
    So have any threads like this ever actually had the OP post their results of their submission to PCGS?

Very rarely, but sometimes

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Was this the only coin found when you picked the car up, sry, picked through the car?

Did you mean “pristine” or something else?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@emeraldATV said:

That's the way I read it...but found it steeped in irony. Emerald has never posted a coin remotely close to pristine.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

@emeraldATV said:

That's the way I read it...but found it steeped in irony. Emerald has never posted a coin remotely close to pristine.

If I found a coin covered in a cheese-like substance, on the other hand, he'd be the first one I'd think of.

• Options

You called ?

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭

Every time this topic gets bumped I think about the "novice a-holes" :D

• Options

One of this subject if needed.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling this is someone who has been here before.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rebecca was born in 1953, had kids in 1971 and 1973, and is 81 years old today. No, she would only be 71 today, so that doesn't work. Maybe 81 is her house number.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Becca hasn't logged on in almost six months. We're all a very distant memory to them. :'(

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pizzaman said:

@xBECCA001 said:

Let me put it this way. If that coin were a vehicle it would look like this...

I am so stealing this

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2024 8:58PM

I’m sure it’s a steel cent because all of that steel gunk is sticking to it. 😁

• Options
    RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭

What I learned from opening this thread is that there are a great many members here who have a terrific sense of humor. I laughed my arse off reading it and I feel excellent from it. So allow me to be the first to think the op for starting this thread.
    Now that it has died down I think the op should stick his penny back into his fish tank to tone over more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file