Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC policy on sticker fees for Collector Members

liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was recently told, if you are an existing collector member, you may submit up to 20 coins per year at $16 economy tier. Any coins that do not receive a sticker get a 25% rebate, not the former 100% credit.
Is this correct?
Can anyone confirm this?
At one time they had stated there would not be a charge for non-stickered coins in the first 20 economy submittals for existing collector members. Has this changed?

liefgold

Comments

  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2023 8:05PM

    I don't think it has changed but perhaps those that keep track more will confirm or not confirm.

    I read it as first 20 submission and if any fail, then no charge. Then it goes to the 25% thing.
    However, I have read some indicating they read it was first 20 failures.

    Edit: looking on website it is now $22.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The reason I ask is because I was told this by a CAC office person when I called in. I am hoping she was a new employee and did not understand the policy.
    From what I also had read on their site previously, I understood no charge for non-stickers on the first 20 submittals, per year.

    liefgold
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @liefgold said:
    The reason I ask is because I was told this by a CAC office person when I called in. I am hoping she was a new employee and did not understand the policy.
    From what I also had read on their site previously, I understood no charge for non-stickers on the first 20 submittals, per year.

    It is the first 20 coins for the year, not first 20 submissions.

  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As far as I know it is as @robec said, you have the opportunity to submit 20 coins at @$16 per coin, and the first 20 coins to fail will receive a full refund. Once you submit the 21st coin it is charged at the new fee of $22 and once you reach the 21st failure, it and all subsequent fails will be charged the 25% failure fee.

    This is how it was for my coin submissions once CAC reopened the collector submissions. As far as I know the first 20 @$16 and first 20 full refund failures will reset on Jan 1 2024. But anything can always change, so if you are thinking of submitting, I personally would do that sooner than later.

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coinbuf said:
    As far as I know it is as @robec said, you have the opportunity to submit 20 coins at @$16 per coin, and the first 20 coins to fail will receive a full refund. Once you submit the 21st coin it is charged at the new fee of $22 and once you reach the 21st failure, it and all subsequent fails will be charged the 25% failure fee.

    This is how it was for my coin submissions once CAC reopened the collector submissions. As far as I know the first 20 @$16 and first 20 full refund failures will reset on Jan 1 2024. But anything can always change, so if you are thinking of submitting, I personally would do that sooner than later.

    Same for me. You are correct.

    First class outfit.

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for the input. The person I talked to must have been misinformed.

    liefgold
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Where are you coming up with this $16 dollar number. They have been charging me $22.

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $16 is what the person at CAC told me when I talked to them yesterday. But they also told me there was no 100% refund on the first 20 non-stickers, which apparently is not correct according to several people here.

    liefgold
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sounds like we have been getting different info. I was told the first 20 rejects are still free for collectors. They will keep track and it can be over multiple submissions. The price is now 22 for the economy level. I have a submission going thru stickering right now. I will soon find out exactly what the policy is.

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ironmanl63 Please let us know when you find out. I have a few to submit but won't do so if no 100% refund.
    Thanks!

    liefgold
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @liefgold said:
    @ironmanl63 Please let us know when you find out. I have a few to submit but won't do so if no 100% refund.
    Thanks!

    Will do.

  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just sent in my first submission in about 3 years. 3 coins. They charged me $16 for all 3, then discounted the one that didn't sticker -$16. On the invoice.

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bigjpst said:
    I just sent in my first submission in about 3 years. 3 coins. They charged me $16 for all 3, then discounted the one that didn't sticker -$16. On the invoice.

    Thanks for that. Obviously the person I talked to was wrong about the refund on non-stickers.
    That is the policy I thought I understood.

    liefgold
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bigjpst said:
    I just sent in my first submission in about 3 years. 3 coins. They charged me $16 for all 3, then discounted the one that didn't sticker -$16. On the invoice.

    Did you send them a check for $16 a coin or $22. The submission form has $22 as the lowest fee. I do not see $16 anywhere on their submission form.

  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Here is a portion of my last invoice for CAC stickers in July. Normal submission fee is $22. Existing members received a 25% discount, which brought the price down to $16. Coins that didn’t pass, and the majority of this submission fell into this category, were given the $16 refund.

    My understanding is a refund is given to the first 20 coins that don’t pass. After that the 25% discount is still in effect for submissions but no more refund on coins that don’t pass. I tried to find the quote from JA or the CAC team explaining the policy, but haven’t found it yet.

  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for that info. I would guess they apply the discount to the invoice. I was unaware of that. I mailed them a check for $22 for each coin.

  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ironmanl63 said:
    Thanks for that info. I would guess they apply the discount to the invoice. I was unaware of that. I mailed them a check for $22 for each coin.

    They will give you a credit for any discount. You can either have them send you the amount or apply it towards your next submission.

  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ironmanl63 said:

    @bigjpst said:
    I just sent in my first submission in about 3 years. 3 coins. They charged me $16 for all 3, then discounted the one that didn't sticker -$16. On the invoice.

    Did you send them a check for $16 a coin or $22. The submission form has $22 as the lowest fee. I do not see $16 anywhere on their submission form.

    I sent them a check for $22 each plus shipping so I will have a credit. Guess I need to find a few more coins to send.

  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My submission was finalized. It was $16 after the discount and full refund for misses.

  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Here is a paragraph from an email we received from the CAC Team last May.

    “Once we begin encapsulating coins in VA, we will open up the grandfathered tier for CAC stickering to all current CAC collector members. These members will be entitled annually to 20 economy coins with 100% rebates for coins that do not pass. Please wait for instructions on how to submit coins on this special tier before sending them in to avoid confusion.”

  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @robec said:
    Here is a paragraph from an email we received from the CAC Team last May.

    “Once we begin encapsulating coins in VA, we will open up the grandfathered tier for CAC stickering to all current CAC collector members. These members will be entitled annually to 20 economy coins with 100% rebates for coins that do not pass.

    ****Please wait for instructions on how to submit coins on this special tier before sending them in to avoid confusion.”**
    **
    Well, to "avoid confusion" I called them and they obviously gave me the wrong information. Thanks everyone for clarifying.

    liefgold
  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Can anyone confirm that the 20 coin 100% rebate for fails, and $16 fee for passes, is still in place for 2024?

    liefgold
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @liefgold said:
    Can anyone confirm that the 20 coin 100% rebate for fails, and $16 fee for passes, is still in place for 2024?

    Confirm No.
    Go to link and see response from JACAC. It looks like it is at current tier price (not $16) with 20 free but also states 'early collector members'.

    https://forum.cacgrading.com/discussion/comment/22420#Comment_22420

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file